filet knife

kuulani

i'm thinking about getting my hubby a goood filet knife for xmas, seeing as he doesn't have one.

any suggestions out there? :lloyd:

kuulani said:
i'm thinking about getting my hubby a goood filet knife for xmas, seeing as he doesn't have one.

any suggestions out there? :lloyd:

Pay attention to the sheath. Blades are a dime a dozen. But go the extra for a good sheath.

The man is a diver and a fisherman. I would look for one with a softer, slip-resistant handle ... or with a wrist tether outright. You never know when he might try to go into the water with it. I might even look for one with a brightly colored handle so that it could be easily seen against the black lava rock just in case he does drop it.

Make sure the blade isn't 'too' flexible. Sounds wierd, but you need a certain amount of flexibility in a good filet knife. Too much, and it's nothing more than sharpened tin. :shrug:

When we were kids, butter knives worked for opihi :D

Hmm ... should I go for the electric fillet knife?
Or, what about this one?

i610428sq01.jpg

Presentation Fillet Knife
If you can add only one knife to your collection, make it this knife. Stag handle is handcrafted from deer antler and hand-polished from butt to tip. Gold-plated guard adds a touch of class. Includes a genuine leather sheath.
Size: 7-1/2" blade.

must... have... knife... *drool*

Thats the one. All I would do to it is replace the leather thong with something that will not react to seawater.

kuulani said:
When we were kids, butter knives worked for opihi :D

Hmm ... should I go for the electric fillet knife?
Or, what about this one?

i610428sq01.jpg

As long as he doesn't actually use it, I'm sure it would be a great gift. If he doesn't want it, PM me for my address. :grinyes:

unclehobart said:

Thats the one. All I would do to it is replace the leather thong with something that will not react to seawater.

[butthead]heh, heh, heh ... leather thong ... heh, heh, heh [/butthead]

unclehobart said:
christ. i swear i was just looking at fillet knifes not 2 hours ago at the fucking mall. they didn't have one quite so nice but shit!

there were none at the stores here too ... that's why i was forced to go online and spend megabucks on the extra-speedy-guaranteed-in-hawaii-before-xmas shipping & handling *grr*

at least i'm sorta on it and started shopping around for it before the 24th :santabng:

kuulani said:
there were none at the stores here too ... that's why i was forced to go online and spend megabucks on the extra-speedy-guaranteed-in-hawaii-before-xmas shipping & handling *grr*

at least i'm sorta on it and started shopping around for it before the 24th :santabng:
ah to have shopped online! i really should have gotten that bank account and subsequent bank card so i could have done that.

tonksy said:
christ. i swear i was just looking at fillet knifes not 2 hours ago at the fucking mall. they didn't have one quite so nice but shit!
Its not the one I would have chosen for myself. The circumstances are different for me. I would take a simple wussy landlubber whiteyboy knife with a basic handle.

...with the compass and and and... GPS ...and ....ummm.... flashlight tip.

..And four-wheel drive and a Hemmy motor and..er..it's own built-in mp3 player.
Now that's hot. ;]

I was gonna buy him a basic one too ... but then I thought, since it's a gift, I should get him a pretty one, and then if it turns out to be useless ... at least its pretty ;)

Back