Finally got the courage

FluerVanderloo

I'm sure no one really cares, but I'm really bored, and I have to make it look like I'm busy doing homework. Plus, I find I like typing better than writing what's going on around here.

Anyway, I finally mustered the courage to wax the brows and legs instead of shaving and plucking. Didn't hurt when they did it, but burns now. I guess my skin is just sensitive to ripping the folicles out right now :) Is it safe to use lotion?

Rose

:s I'd think lotion is recommended (something as natural as you can get, probably with lots of vitamin E and aloe). But ... I've never waxed.

"they"? Did someone wax your legs for you? ...(cute av, by the way - Billy Boyd is scrumpdiddlyuptious!)

FluerVanderloo

Yeah, when I decided to do my eyebrows I went out somewhere, so I thought while I was at it, I'd get my legs done. They wanted too much for that though, so my stepmother and her friend wanted to make a guinea pig of me, and did it at home. And at the moment I'm sending my brother to get me some lotion hehe.

And yes, Billy is very scrumptous indeed. And I love him.

Professur

The missus had me do her legs. We've tried the cold, and warm wax. Better results with the cold, but keeping it at working temp was a bitch. She wouldn't let me bikini her, tho.

Mare

Wax my eyebrows all the time and tweezer in between-OMG DEAR -YESSSSS, you are supposed to lotion after waxing.....also , make sure the wax is not to HOT, you can burn yourself and it will scab...also ONLY wax the one spot that you did once-you can take more than the original layer of skin off and it will bleed too. GOODLUCK next time -AND REMEMBER....L O T I O N !!!!!!!!

tonksy

i've always wanted to do the wax thing...but the pain thing is a deterrant...and sometimes you notice that people who get their brows done have a certain....startled look about them...i think it's because it's too perfectly done or something....i don't think i'd ever do it myself...seems like a treatment best left to the spa......mmmmm...spa....always wanted to do the day spa thing...anyone done it?

tonksy

BeardofPants said:
Tonks, you've never waxed? Wow, that must lead to some interesting... shaving rashes..... :eek6:
nope....not if you use a proper razor and soap or shaving cream :shrug:

Ms Ann Thrope

tonks said:
i've always wanted to do the wax thing...but the pain thing is a deterrant...and sometimes you notice that people who get their brows done have a certain....startled look about them...i think it's because it's too perfectly done or something....i don't think i'd ever do it myself...seems like a treatment best left to the spa......mmmmm...spa....always wanted to do the day spa thing...anyone done it?

Yeah... years ago in Sonoma, California. It was an unmitigated disaster. :crying3:

Starting with the massage: I'm insanely ticklish, the poor masseuse had to stop because I was actually in physical pain. On to the mud bath which was nice, except for the fact that they were piping in "new age" music. After a quick shower I then entered a steam chamber, one of those things that encloses you except for your head sticking out the top. That felt good too, but just when I was starting to relax and was nearly able to tune out the Yanni or whatever the fuck they were playing, I was told I had to get out because I was in too long and it could be dangerous. Last stop was the "quiet" room where you are wrapped in fine linens and left alone in a small room. The music was even louder in there. After 5 minutes of gritting my teeth I got dressed and ran out looking for my friends. They were limp noodles on a bench, waiting for me. I walked up to them with clenched fists and screamed: I need a grappa, IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
nope, I was curious so Nat (uki chick) tried the epilady on my arm (small patch OUCH!)

and eyebrows waxed, or I only have one

AlphaTroll

I wax my eyebrows too and then just tweaze the stray suckers beteween visits to the beautician. But then I also get my arms & bikini area waxed.... gave up on waxing the legs 'cos it takes too damned long.

I love the parafin waxes they do on my hands - it's basically just to remove dead/dull skin, but man your hands are so soft afterwards.