Fire Alarm

Erm Bish? There may be a fire and yer decided to tell us all before yer got out the building? :D

That's nice of ya ;)

Oz said:
Erm Bish? There may be a fire and yer decided to tell us all before yer got out the building? :D

That's nice of ya ;)

Wht waste a perfectly good time on OTC when the worst that'll happen is that the building's air conditioning system will kick in.

It was the warning bells before the actual alarm that gave me the time to post. I then shut down the system, put the phones on busy, set-up the cameras and dragged on my coat.

Walking down 3 flights of stairs, I just got to the bottom when the coive on the intercom said in french and Henglish.
"Il y était qu'une fause alarme. Il ny à aucune raison d'évacuer l'édefice. Merci!" "Dis whas a false halarme, dere his no re-aison to leave de buil-din-g. Tank yoo!"

Went back upstairs :( and I was looking forward to a good smoke too :(

"It was the warning bells before the actual alarm that gave me the time to post. I then shut down the system, put the phones on busy, set-up the cameras and dragged on my coat. "

And most people normally drop it and run...

steweygrrrr said:
"It was the warning bells before the actual alarm that gave me the time to post. I then shut down the system, put the phones on busy, set-up the cameras and dragged on my coat. "

And most people normally drop it and run...

I'm on the third floor...plenty of time to get out. :)

It's the people on the 27th floor that I feel sorry for. :D

Ours goes off about once a week or so when the air currents are right and they open the retread chamber. We pretty much ignore it.

Ours will be going off at 1:30 this afternoon. Oh boy. I just love being back in elementary school.

Nah, not anymore. I got this in my email yesterday.

We will be participating in the Severe weather drill tomorrow at 1:30. Please inform your employees of the drill and make sure they are aware of where they need to go in the event of severe weather. I will be monitoring the flow of employees in the west stairwell during the drill to determine if there are any changes that can be made to improve the congestion.

Oh yeah, mine isn't a fire alarm, it's a severe weather alarm. We all get to go in a dark hallway and cuddle. Maybe this won't be so bad....

Aha! Heck, I wouldn't mind a severe weather alarm....as long as it's a heatwave alarm & everyone's supposed to get nekkid......just to cool off you see ;)

Since I'm the "Tenant Safety Coordinator" (i.e. unpaid to deal with a bunch of bullshit), I always know about drills in advance.

Therefore, if the alarm goes off and I wasn't expecting it, I have to work to maintain bladder control. :D

We usually get a written warning of tests before they happen...usually with about 2 days warning. There is occasionally a false alarm...when it's the real deal...they don't bother with the pre-bells...it's straight to the loud Clang Clang Clang and someone comes on telling us to leave the building.

In a similar vein...while working at a hotel, the fire-alarm went off in the middle of the night. Being the only emp there...guess who gets to go check it out? You guessed it...moi!

No elevators...it went off on the 19th floor...so, up 38 flights of stairs (2 per floor) I go...I ran up the whole deal..got to the 19th floor to see a passed out drunk had caught the fire-alarm on the way down to kiss the carpet.

So...I use my handy scredriver and key to reset the manual alarm...but that won't stop the ringing. I've got to race back down the 38 flights...stop the alarm on the main panel, and then go onto the intercom to tell everyone that it was a false alarm and to go back to what they were doing...all the while, huffing and puffing like an obsene caller.

So..."huff puff...this was huff only a false alarm huff puff...please return to huff your rooms and go back huff puff to what you were doing huff puff."

All this in glorious mono...coming out of every speaker that the hotel has....at 2am.!!

76 flights*12 stairs = 912 steps plus landings...in 12 minutes.
Sheesh!!

Back