Firewood prices

So on a stump say, like a loblolly pine, that is already cut to like 1inch of the ground,
if I drill a big hole straight down the center, and pour in the salt, that would make it too
rot faster?

Now if you lived in cold country, you'd just drill a series of small holes, and fill it with water. Once it froze, it would split into small bits. I split rocks like that.

Some of the wood from the oak limbs from last summer, before splitting.

(in my front yard)

I have no idea why I'm posting these, other than it's really slow at work tonite and I'm bored. :tardbang:

I'm starting to think I should migrate to FL. :D
So I can motor around easier in a scooter chair. :nerd:
It looks like all class1 and class2 property there.
It's all class3 here.
Actually if I had the money I'd have a place down there, and a place
a little farther up in the mountains, and migrate like a bird. :D

unclehobart said:
HomeLANs mom owns some mountain property an hour and a half up the road with more wood than a stack of blue movies. All I have to do is go split my own and haul it back.

Yup. Ivan put a shitload more of it down, too. Just gotta cut and split it, and she has a gas powered splitter.

She'll even feed ya.

catocom said:
I'm starting to think I should migrate to FL. :D
So I can motor around easier in a scooter chair. :nerd:
It looks like all class1 and class2 property there.
It's all class3 here.
Actually if I had the money I'd have a place down there, and a place
a little farther up in the mountains, and migrate like a bird. :D

For level land you'll have to head further south onto the peninsula. The panhandle is more like rolling hills - the area I live in (the Sand Hills) is actually very hilly. :cool:

HomeLAN said:
Yup. Ivan put a shitload more of it down, too. Just gotta cut and split it, and she has a gas powered splitter.

She'll even feed ya.

What a deal - can't beat that with a stick! Stick - firewood - get it? OK, I'll save ya the trouble: :tomato:

Sharky said:
For level land you'll have to head further south onto the peninsula. The panhandle is more like rolling hills - the area I live in (the Sand Hills) is actually very hilly. :cool:
Yeah I'd actually want to go all the way over...to around Daytona on the big water side. :lloyd:
Maybe a little farther south of Daytona though.

Sharky said:
What a deal - can't beat that with a stick! Stick - firewood - get it? OK, I'll save ya the trouble: :tomato:
seal.gif

Back