First smoking, and now over-indulging on snacks...

Bungi

Gato_Solo said:
That's what I'm talking about. You re-read your last six words and you'll understand why I say that non-smokers are impolite in how they ask a smoker to put out a cigarette.

BTW...even walking, or taking an electric train, you breathe in the same crud from traffic. Nice try. ;)

Not nearly the same amount of crud, since im travelling from an outer suburb to even further away from the city, as oppased to sitting in traffic in the middle of the city... and besides, I wasn't complaining about the health issues, my big problem is with the smell :sick:

Gato, I've tried being polite, and the majority of the time it simply doesn't work... maybe American people are different, I really don't know... but down here in Aus it just doesn't work.

but that it could even have a protective effect....

I don't care wether its good for me or not, I hate the smell and the way it lingers, end of story.

If I'm smoking peaceably outdoors and someone joins me on the bench/fountain-side/sidewalk, and THEN ask me to stop smoking...my point will be ..."If you saw me smoking and came over anyway, why are you complaining?"

Fair enough.

Starya

paul_valaru said:
I'm a smoker, I only smoke in the smoking section when I'm at a restaurant, if I'm waiting for the bus, I have a smoke, but not in line, that way nobody has to stand next to me, if they don't wwant to smell smoke.

It's courtesy.

The same is expected to be returned.

Meaning, yes I know it's bad for you, but you don't need to tell me, beleive me I know.

The world needs more smokers like you. Erm, let me specify: More already excisting smokers should be like you. :D

I don't know how many times I have had to step away from the line because of smoke. My throat acts up when exposed to even very small amounts of smoke, so my sentiment is of course: smoking sux. :swing: