First there were the Darwin Awards...

I could've sworn that I'd seen this on here before :shrug:

They're a blast
*named after the woman who spilled hot McD's coffee on her lap as I recall*

#6 sounds like a valid lawsuit to me.

i agree... what does it matter that the jury wasn't told she had mental problems? if they had been told, would they have found that it was right for her to have suffered that? $10 mil is but a fraction of what i would have sued for... it's really a shame she only got $100,000. (not knowing all the details, that is)

i agree... what does it matter that the jury wasn't told she had mental problems? if they had been told, would they have found that it was right for her to have suffered that? $10 mil is but a fraction of what i would have sued for... it's really a shame she only got $100,000. (not knowing all the details, that is)

I was bored http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_17_104/ai_109959061 sounds like she was living out of the unit prior to being locked in. I wonder if the manager yelled inside to see if anyone was in there prior to locking up and she didn't answer because she knew she wasn't allowed to be living there?

Hmmph...well, if they were on the ball they would have caught her living there. If the patrolled their site they would have heard her. She may have been in the wrong but that is negligence.

Hmmph...well, if they were on the ball they would have caught her living there. If the patrolled their site they would have heard her. She may have been in the wrong but that is negligence.

My take is she was fine with being locked in,no shouting or pounding,until her food started running low ,storage units are not sound proof.

in fact
Two months later, on Jan. 9, 2002, a customer using a nearby unit heard sounds coming from unit 611.
it doesn't even say she was trying to be heard.I do agree that if the units were patrolled that she would have been discovered,the smell after two months of no washroom facilities must have been noticeable.

I am to take it this was a climate controlled facility.

She did say she tried to get help but no one reacted to her screams. This is just weird.

I am to take it this was a climate controlled facility.

She did say she tried to get help but no one reacted to her screams. This is just weird.

Probably why she only got 100,000,negligence on the part of the management for allowing her to stay in there,but she wasn't blameless.

Back