Fish Story

Sharky

I would have put this in the Real World, but it's fluff. From an email sent to me by a friend. I have been unable to verify it's source.

FISH STORY FROM WICHITA EAGLE NEWSPAPER

This was a pretty interesting story from The Sunday Wichita Eagle Newspaper a couple of weeks ago.

This occurred in a housing development around 119th St. South and Maple.

Anyhow, a resident in the area saw a ball bouncing around, kind of strangely in the development's pond and when he went to investigate, it was a flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a child's basketball which became stuck in it's mouth.

The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive and unable to because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface.

The resident tried numerous times to get the ball out but was unsuccessful.

He finally had his wife cut the ball in order to deflate it and released the catfish.

Thanks for the verification, A.B.! It seemed plausible, but I didn't have time to investigate. :cool:

Spot, I wonder why the guy didn't just snatch him out of the pond and have a fish fry, hushpuppies and all. :D

I dunno about catfish...but I know that after Lobster gets so big it's no more good to eat...it starts tasting like sand...I guess it's kinda like how Veal is better than regular beef and you wouldn't wanna eat an old grandma cow at all...that cat fish had to be pretty old...his meat was prolly no good...

Yep Nix, catfish that big usually have a very rubbery texture. About the best cats are between 3-5 lbs, big enough for nice filets, but still small enough thier meat is really tender.

Nothing like catching a 10lb catfish though. :)

Back