Florida's new quarters

Get in my truck & take a ride Aunty...we won't need no stinkin' video. They are like roaches-they see a truck & scatter :D

Aunty Em said:
Q said:
Now that you mention that. As far as I know, there IS no way for a blind person to tell which bill he is holding ( or getting in return) I'm kinda surprised the ADA people haven't jumped all over this.

It also makes yours easier to counterfeit. I won't tell you how or all your 1 dollar bills will start to disappear... :D Read Lee Childs.

Not anymore. All bills have a plastic strip embedded in the paper with it's denomination. Also...fake bills are easy to spot just by looking at them under a black light. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
Aunty Em said:
Q said:
Now that you mention that. As far as I know, there IS no way for a blind person to tell which bill he is holding ( or getting in return) I'm kinda surprised the ADA people haven't jumped all over this.

It also makes yours easier to counterfeit. I won't tell you how or all your 1 dollar bills will start to disappear... :D Read Lee Childs.

Not anymore. All bills have a plastic strip embedded in the paper with it's denomination. Also...fake bills are easy to spot just by looking at them under a black light. ;)

Scenario: If you can bleach the ink out of a one dollar bill you can reprint it as a 100 dollar bill so long as you have the correct inks and a skilled forger. The most difficult part of forging dollars is obtaining the correct paper as it is a unique blend including linen in it's production.

And no I'm not a forger I just read a lot of interesting things. We have a silver strip embedded in ours. :)

Gato_Solo said:
Not anymore. All bills have a plastic strip embedded in the paper with it's denomination. Also...fake bills are easy to spot just by looking at them under a black light.
So blind people can feel what denomination the bill is?

Aunty Em said:
Gato_Solo said:
Aunty Em said:
Q said:

Scenario: If you can bleach the ink out of a one dollar bill you can reprint it as a 100 dollar bill so long as you have the correct inks and a skilled forger. The most difficult part of forging dollars is obtaining the correct paper as it is a unique blend including linen in it's production.

And no I'm not a forger I just read a lot of interesting things. We have a silver strip embedded in ours. :)

Bleach away, but the plastic strip and the watermark (which is what the black light is for) will give you away every time. :p

It wasn't my idea... Lee Childs used it in one of his books, obviously now out of date. I missed the part about the denomination... :p

No doubt the real forgers will find a way around that eventually...

greenfreak said:
I've always thought American money was bland and even ugly compared to other countries.

You think the monopoly money is better? More colorful, perhaps, but ours is worth more. ;)

Q said:
So blind people can feel what denomination the bill is?
Nobody answered my question. Can blind people feel what denomination the bills are?

Not by touch... at least in the states. Australias bills are different lengths and other countries do have micro braile. The techno independent way for the blind to tell money apart is to put it on a scanner at home. There is a program that will tell you what you have. They then fold a particular combination of corners to ID it.

That's what I thought. So some scumbag could give them the wrong change and they wouldn't know.:(

I believe there is also a handheld device that you can insert a bill into, given that it is not muchly damaged, that shoots light through the bill. It bounces back off of the given identity thread and will tell you what you have.

The action seeks declaratory and injunctive relief under the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794. Pursuant to this provision, individuals with disabilities may not be excluded from or denied the benefits of participation in any program or activity conducted by United States government. The issuance of banknotes is clearly an activity conducted by the United States government on behalf of all of its citizens. However, people with visual disabilities are largely excluded from enjoying the benefits of this activity due solely to their physical limitations.

So it's taken 30 years for someone to get off their fat ass and do something! :rolleyes:

Nah, they're just now gonna start going to court about it. Prolly won't get enforced for another 30.:rolleyes:

Anybody who intentionally cheats a blind person, should be stripped to their skivvies, publically beaten, and forced to lick the blood off of the buggy whip they were beaten with. :grumpy:

Back