For our Hawai'i folk: SPAM??!!

Not to mention all the other goodies I get to pick up when we go!...which reminds me that I am out of steamed bun.

steamed bun? With meat on the inside - char siu? We call it manapua out here .. you can get them frozen in the grocery store or ready to eat at any 7-11 or corner store

Actually, I can honestly say that I do not need another pair of those.

Just bought me a new one yesterday .. you can never have enough LOL ... around here they disappear .. so we make sure we have a million pairs in different brands from casual (Locals, 99 cents at any store) to 'dressy' (usually the Big Island Surf pure white, $8) ... and then there's the Roxy, Volcom, Flojo, Sanuk, etc, $20+ ...

steamed bun? With meat on the inside - char siu? We call it manapua out here .. you can get them frozen in the grocery store or ready to eat at any 7-11 or corner store
Yes, Char siu. I was uncertain of the spelling of bow (like on a ship not a present). I like the red bean and the char siu and the veggie.
They have a bakery that does the baked bun too. The girls like the hot dog and I like the pork fu with chive.
Just bought me a new one yesterday .. you can never have enough LOL ... around here they disappear .. so we make sure we have a million pairs in different brands from casual (Locals, 99 cents at any store) to 'dressy' (usually the Big Island Surf pure white, $8) ... and then there's the Roxy, Volcom, Flojo, Sanuk, etc, $20+ ...

I have about a dozen of the plastic mesh with sequins but there is no one here to steal mine :D

I have about a dozen of the plastic mesh with sequins but there is no one here to steal mine :D

LOL .. I can't steal Ku'u's slippers because she has bigger feet than me, but, my daughter and I wear the same size so ALL my shoes, slippers, sandals, wedgest, etc., disappear ... grrrr ... :D

oh yeah .. you are definitely in trouble ... the teens years are ... well, let's put it this way ... I have never loved and appreciated my mom so much as I do now .. and my kids are truly great - not even a small percentage of the kids of trouble other teens give their parents .. I'm sooooo lucky

you're the first out-of-hawai'i person i know that uses the word "slippers" ... i thought everyone off these islands call them "flipflops" :D

What Tonks is talking about isn't "flip flops"...it's these:

hot-pink.jpg

I don't have any traditional flip flops...but I do have these odd Asian looking grass mat loop toe ones that I bought on the cheap when my shoe broke in Alabama one day.
flip.jpg

I do indeed.
They are doing ok. A few health issue but okay. A deer ran into Red's SUV, that was dramatic.

Back