For Sale: TiVo 40 hour DVR w/ lifetime subscription

rrfield

This is kosher, right? Read the sticky...delete this if necessary.

I have a Series 2 TiVo, 40 hour, with lifetime subscription ($300) that I don't need anymore. My new cable service comes with a DVR, so I'm going to sell the TiVo and buy a surround sound receiver. :thumbup: I actually like the interface of the TiVo much better than the motorola DVR the cable company hands out, but I don't need two DVR's.

Absolutly zero problems with the TiVo. I'll offer it up here to my good friends at OTC for the unbeleivable price of (oh my) $250!!!!!!!!!!!! (plus shipping, probably $20 to $25, which is where I'm going to set the "buy now" price on e-bay if no one here bites.)

Seriously, this thing is pretty darn cool. But don't call it a fancy VCR or HomeLAN will eat your face :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Can the HDD be upgraded by the consumer? (without outlandish hassles)

rrfield

Physically it's no problem - the existing HDD is 40gb maxtor 5400rpm. transfering the OS is a little tricky, but I found a link (http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hinsdale-how-to/index2.html) with instructions.

There are two USB ports also, but the documentation says nothing about them. I'm guessing in a future software release they will be enabled to connect an external HDD, but that's just a guess.

Altron

Speaking of which, does anyone know if I am still on HomeLAN's iggy list?

I tried to apologize but he never responded.

unclehobart

Twasn't a one-off instance. It was more of a 'straw that broke the camels back' pressure wave building over a series of weeks and months.

rrfield

Gonz said:
Can the HDD be upgraded by the consumer? (without outlandish hassles)

I just did! Took me 2 hours to upgrade to an 80gb HDD, the system info screen now says 85 hours at basic quallity. I'm watching e-bay now to see what I can get for the box after this upgrade.