For Sale

You can find them on ebay for less, but not enough less to cover the 100 bucks for XP home. That's not bad at all.

I'd consider buying it if only XP wasn't bundled with it, i guess it brings the price up a bit... I'd use it as a Linux server.

damn...that's just about a better setup than i have....less of a harddrive but more RAM....hmmm....

tonksy
shakes piggy bank.

Professur said:
That's free shipping and monitor too.

Missed the monitor first time. I stand corrected. You can't get a better deal on ebay, even without the OS.

Tonks, you can erase your current hard drive and install it as secondary on the new system. It's a piece of cake and those 300GLs have room for a second drive (we have several at work).

HomeLAN said:
Tonks, for under 100, we get yours up to 1.2 gig.

I suggested that a while back, forgot that she was living near you now. Much better choice, tonks. Much better. :grinyes:

tonks said:
new case right? (hmm...blank canvas) what else?

chic - erase my harddrive? that sounds....bad....

Heck, I used to do it three or four times a year with Win95 and 98. Got a CD burner?

chcr said:
Heck, I used to do it three or four times a year with Win95 and 98. Got a CD burner?
nope...was gonna get one from the ex because he wanted me to burn him some of the tunes on my hd...but he flaked out. :rolleyes: so basically, no i don't have a backup.

tonks said:
nope...was gonna get one from the ex because he wanted me to burn him some of the tunes on my hd...but he flaked out. :rolleyes: so basically, no i don't have a backup.

Bet Homey can work around that. :D

They're pretty cheap now, after you upgrade your system you might want to save up.

chcr said:
Bet Homey can work around that. :D

They're pretty cheap now, after you upgrade your system you might want to save up.
yup, i'll add it to the list :D

oh...BTW...for some reason whenever i go to do a restart my puter hangs up and won't restart...i have to turn it off at the power strip and wait a few then turn it back on and reboot...is that bad?

Might want to check for spyware or viruses, it's probably some background program not shutting down properly.

chcr said:
Might want to check for spyware or viruses, it's probably some background program not shutting down properly.

Ya gotta tell me these things. :D

Yeah, tonksy, new enclosure, plus $50 to me for power supply, mobo and chip (plus labor - you're gettin' that one cheap). I can work around the backup issue. I'll just plug you into my network before I start and get it all.

tonks said:
yup, i'll add it to the list :D

oh...BTW...for some reason whenever i go to do a restart my puter hangs up and won't restart...i have to turn it off at the power strip and wait a few then turn it back on and reboot...is that bad?

Might be better to hit the power switch to turn it off. I've had some clients get spikes by killing it at the wall and blow out PS's.

i check for spyware and virus very frequently.

oh! i forgot to mention that i have to turn it off at the strip cuz the power button won't work when this happens...just doesn't do anything.

Back