For Sale

Ah yes, the ol' "no hard power switch" thing. I fixed someone's HP in the dorms a few years back that froze when it was shutting down by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

Edit: I should probably ask if there's a black rocker switch on the back of the computer by where the cord goes into the power supply.

Inkara1 said:
Ah yes, the ol' "no hard power switch" thing. I fixed someone's HP in the dorms a few years back that froze when it was shutting down by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

Edit: I should probably ask if there's a black rocker switch on the back of the computer by where the cord goes into the power supply.
i don't believe there is a rocker switch...i can't see one...but i can't see lots of things...puter has been unplugged sinced this started happening (when i moved it was unplugged for a couple weeks). what else could i try?

If there's no power switch on the back (lots of computers have a button on the front and a kill switch in the back, but lots of computers go without the kill switch in the back), then unplugging it is your only recourse. The power button in the front is connected to the motherboard, not the power supply like computers before about 1997 or 1998.

HomeLAN said:
Ya gotta tell me these things. :D

Yeah, tonksy, new enclosure, plus $50 to me for power supply, mobo and chip (plus labor - you're gettin' that one cheap). I can work around the backup issue. I'll just plug you into my network before I start and get it all.

That is a good deal tonks.
I'm thinking of getting some parts from HL myself, but I'm looking at
an xp-1600 processor too.

HL do you still have that 1.333 deal?

catocom said:
That is a good deal tonks.
I'm thinking of getting some parts from HL myself, but I'm looking at
an xp-1600 processor too.

HL do you still have that 1.333 deal?

I do. I also have assorted soundcards and NIC's that I no longer need due to onboard stuff on the upgrades.

HomeLAN said:
I do. I also have assorted soundcards and NIC's that I no longer need due to onboard stuff on the upgrades.

cool
I do want it.
I'll make a trip down there this weekend or next, I'm not sure yet.

Back