Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I'm against the war!

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No Opinion!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Vortex

:)

Okay, sorry for singling you lot out, but I"m just very curious. (and sorry for yet ANOTHER war related thread ;) )

You see, no offence or anything, but LOTS of people think that every single one of you are Pro-War... (Still not sure if this is a good or bad thing though, so I won't comment) but I just wanna know what YOU think.

Are you Pro-War as everyone believes, or are you Against the War?

:)

Ta

flavio

Banned
You could check the latest polls. I forget the site's name that has them broken down every which way but someone here will tell us.

I think the US is pretty much split on the sunject though.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
"In the fight against terrorism, the Bush Administration has talked about using military force against Saddam Hussein and his military in Iraq. Would you support using military force against Iraq, or not?"
Would Support 70%
Would Not 24%
Don'tKnow 6%

As of 3/14/03

However...

"Right now, which ONE of the following do you think is more important for the United States? To move forward quickly with military action as the only way to effectively deal with Iraq. To take more time to try to achieve our goals in Iraq without using military force."

Move Forward Quickly 43%
Take More Time 53%
Don't Know 4%

and...

"Please tell me if you would support or oppose U.S. military action against Iraq in each of the following circumstances. What if [see below]? Would you support or oppose U.S. military action in this circumstance?"

"The United States JOINED TOGETHER with its major allies to attack Iraq, with the FULL SUPPORT of the United Nations Security Council"

Would Support 85%
Would Not 12%
Don't Know 3%

"The United States and ONE OR TWO of its major allies attacked Iraq, WITHOUT the support of the United Nations"

Would Support 54%
Would Not 41%
Don't Know 5%

"The United States ACTED ALONE in attacking Iraq, WITHOUT the support of the United Nations"

Would Support 43%
Would Not 54%
Don't Know 3%

Now, the one I put in bold is the most important of these, it asks the fairest question, and is the question that Should be asked, considering we have the approval and support of at least ONE OR TWO of our major allies.

Oh, these are all from www.pollingreport.com

PT

Here's another interesting one.

"It is estimated that the war in Iraq will cost each U.S. taxpayer about 300 dollars. Do you think it is worth 300 dollars per taxpayer to disarm Iraq and remove Iraqi President Saddam Hussein from power?"

Yes 69 %

No 23 %

Not sure 8 %

And, before you ask. NO, I do not know where they got the 300 from, but I think it's worth it.

Vortex

:hug: s PT

That's the perfect link for what I'm looking for :D

Very odd though, in some instances it seems nearly 50-50 (or 45-55 ;) ) and other's it's 80-20... :eek6:

Hmm, I shall be looking into this a bit more :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Wow. I hadn't looked at a poll in weeks. The closer we get the more support there is. I guess its a good thing. I wonder how many are more like me. I don't agree with the war but I support our country's actions. It makes it a difficult question to answer

PT

It all depends on the question being asked. The ones that get into more detail tend to get the 50/50 splits, but the ones that are broad get the bigger divisions.

freako104

Squiggy said:
Wow. I hadn't looked at a poll in weeks. The closer we get the more support there is. I guess its a good thing. I wonder how many are more like me. I don't agree with the war but I support our country's actions. It makes it a difficult question to answer

im with you on it squiggy so your not alone. im against war on general purpose but i would like for the world to be safe even if we have to(though id rather a debate or negotiations before we did anything)

and pt thanks for the update on the polls and all. much appreciated. :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I can't answer that question.It's poorly written (on purpose?) and it's vague.

I'm anti-war but there are times when it is necessary. After having our buildings blown apart by terrorists is one of those times.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
After having our buildings blown apart by terrorists is one of those times.

And Sadam had something to to with that?Bush's own military commanders feel there isn't any evidence that would support a claim of ties between Al Quaeda and Sadam.

chcr

Too cute for words
I've always had this problem with polls: Who decides who your going to poll. Your going to get an entirely different set of results if you poll around a university than you will if you poll at a mall. Do the pollsters know this? of course they do. I have always assumed that those who poll (I don't mean one like this one, but ostensibly "national polls") only release results that support their own view. This is why you get such wildly varying results. I guess what I'm trying to say, Vortex, is take these results with a grain of salt.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
After reading the post (initially I reacted to the poll question alone) my answer still stands but I would have ben kinder in response :D

Astaroth33

Personally, I think UN approval is more or less irrelevant because the UN is composed of nations who have determined interests in acting against the US in this case.

Vortex

Astaroth33 said:
Personally, I think UN approval is more or less irrelevant because the UN is composed of nations who have determined interests in acting against the US in this case.
Or possibly they are just against the war :( Think, they would have done the same if it were France, Japan, Austrailia, Brazil... or any other country that chose to start a war for which ever reason.

I believe they don't hav something against American by not giving them a definite yes, I believe they just want World Peacee for as long as possible :)