For the English out there ...

75renegade said:
City folk 'ere, from inner-city neighborhoods, refer to one another as "homie".
Homie is played. In fact, a black friend of mine says if he hears two white guys use the same"black" expression in a day, he never uses it again because it's played out. :D

chcr said:
75renegade said:
City folk 'ere, from inner-city neighborhoods, refer to one another as "homie".
Homie is played. In fact, a black friend of mine says if he hears two white guys use the same"black" expression in a day, he never uses it again because it's played out. :D

Good point, chcr,

i wouldn't use it anymore either! Hell, he probably feels he's been stolen from........again...........(originality given to thieves, etc):(

I have both films on video. I think the "fuck" thing depends on who you're talking to, it tends to be regional and class orientated i.e. you don't hear middle class southerners using it much, whereas working class Londoners say it all the time. Or that at least is my experience.

My sister always used to end sentences with "ya know". Bloody irritating... :lol:

Aunty Em said:
My sister always used to end sentences with "ya know". Bloody irritating...
Evidently, that one works either side of the pond. My son used to use it as punctuation too. :nudge:

I just used to think that maybe I just didn't look as though I was listening, but she used to do it with everybody and even got me doing it at one point. :shrug:

I hate hearing people using "like" and speaking in all questions. "Like, I was goin to the, like, store? And like, this guy was like checkin me out? So I was all like, 'take a picture, it will last longer'? And he, like, told me I was a bitch and left. Do you BELIEVE that?!" :rolleyes:

Rusty and I are starting to pick up lingo here and there from playing The Getaway :laugh: It just doesn't sound right coming out of our mouths with our NY accents though.

greenfreak said:
It just doesn't sound right coming out of our mouths with our NY accents though.
Something like, "I got yer bit of a mess right here!" ???? :D

Back