For those of you who care about more than yourself and your own selfish aims!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched her show for a couple of months and I never witnessed her attacking the right.
She is a bit more moderate than Olberman, but still a lefty.

The media should, but they don't. Neither side wants moderates. Both sides are guilty of the "with us or against us" mentality.

fuck off. seriously. you are the worst cancer this board has ever seen. you learned nothing from your imaginary drama in the town hall section. you whine incessantly about personal attacks. check yourself, asshole.
Ah... the irony. It leaves a strong scent.
:lol:

One of the (many) problems of health care is that insurance is allowed to pay claims months after they are submitted. This causes a deficit for the medical professional that provided the care and has bills to pay. In order to make up for that, the medical professional provides unnecessary care and tests and bills the insurance company. This way they always have a flow of money to pay their office expenses. It's a vicious cycle.

Many mom & pop pharmacies have gone under waiting for insurance companies to pay their bills.

Is it even legal for the Democratic leaders to strip other democrats of chairmanships if they don't tow the party line?

Absolutely.

We, the people, vote them in but party affiliation & connections allow ranking within the party. They can do whatever they wish.

Example...the (R)'s say that if you're involved in chenanigans & get caught you WILL relinquish committee seats. See Tom DeLay. Nancy Pelosi, when she promised the cleanest Congress ever, didn't apply that rule to the (D)s. (See Charlie Rangel)

Is it even legal for the Democratic leaders to strip other democrats of chairmanships if they don't tow the party line?

since when did them brqainless assholes care what was legal as long as they had the numbers?

you people voted this shit in. fuckin live with it. youre making me live with it

Ummm... so let me get this right... this is a petition to not allow individual congressmen and congresswomen to vote for what they feel is best for the country, but instead force them to vote along party lines? Essentially meaning that individual senators would not have their own vote? I thought Congress was supposed to be 435 representatives and 100 senators, representing the will of the state or district that elected them. I didn't realize that we actually just elected the GOP and the DNC, and agreed to allow whichever one has the most members to make all of our decisions?

It's a democratic process. The bill will be refined and improved until people can agree on it. If a Democrat is opposed to something their party is pushing, there's a distinct reason for that. Then revisions need to be made to the bill until a majority approves.

The entire notion of this petition is flawed, and it undermines any democratic principles. It's essentially saying that elected leaders cannot make their own decisions, and just become puppets of whichever party they joined. As a congressman or congresswoman, there is ONE and only ONE entity that has authority over you - the state or district that elected you. The President doesn't have authority over you. The political parties do not have authority over you. The lobbyist groups do not have authority over you. You were NOT elected to Congress to represent the interests of the Democrat Party - you were elected to represent the interests of the voters who elected you.

"If you want to run for Senator as a democrat, that's fine, but just make sure you don't vote for what you feel is best for the country - you have to vote for that the Democrat party feels is best for themselves, and if you don't do as you're told, you're kicked out of office so we can replace you with someone who knows how to follow orders"

rJA, I know you get a little fanatical at times, but do you not see how bad this is? The longer it takes healthcare reform to pass, the better it's going to be. You can't slap together a 1,500 page law in 2 months and expect it to be any good. If it doesn't pass, it gets improved and refine. It needs to be analyzed and reviewed, not just pushed thru and have it suck and then we need to make another healthcare reform in a few years to fix all the oversights and mistakes in this one. Let's take our time and make sure it's right, not threaten legitimately-elected officials with removal from office if they refuse to follow "orders" from someone in a political party.

Altron, you, as a newly seated Congressman from your district, have two options.

Vote your conscience and/or represent the will of your constitutents;

or,

Follow party line, get great committee seats, have more power to authorize funds beign directed to your district & have the backing of the (X) party to help you win re-election.

It is your choice.

Altron, you, as a newly seated Congressman from your district, have two options.

Vote your conscience and/or represent the will of your constitutents;

or,

Follow party line, get great committee seats, have more power to authorize funds beign directed to your district & have the backing of the (X) party to help you win re-election.

It is your choice.

And that, my friends, is why political parties are a terrible, terrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back