for those wireless peeps...

Mirlyn

Linksys can't even answer this question, so here goes nothing. :p

I have a WRT54G (11g) AP and am looking at putting a Vagi on it. However, I cannot set antenna diversity in the firmware. ?( On the 11b APs such as the WAP11 and the BEFW11S4 this option is in the latest firmware update (so you can force the unit to use specifically one of the antennas). It is not in the update for the WRT54G (as I can tell, anyway). These APs have two antennas, and its up to the AP itself to pick which one to use based on noise and other factors. I don't want to spend the money on an external antenna only to find out I end up wishing this WRT54G uses the right one, instead of knowing.

All I got from Linksys is that external antennas void the warranty but that the connectors use RP-TNC, which I already knew and didn't answer my question at all... :rolleyes: Linksys has some pretty good products, but they have @#$& for support.

Anyone have any ideas on where to go with this one? I've hit several boards and got no answers or irrelevant responses. Anyone have this AP? Can you confirm the lack of this option?

Thanks all :headbang:

PuterTutor said:
I love my cat5e.

Everything is wired for me. I use the AP for playing with wireless security and for a few projects.....mostly outdoor networking. Future plans include a honeypot and streaming mp3s for outdoor audio.

No idea man, i got an Intel 55mbit wireless setup in my closet still, haven't gotten around to playing with it as my main wire setup is 1gbit CAT 6.

Justintime said:
No idea man, i got an Intel 55mbit wireless setup in my closet still, haven't gotten around to playing with it as my main wire setup is 1gbit CAT 6.

I just ordered three 3Com gigabit managed switches....does that count? :eh:

I come off as being a showoff? sorry these things are normal to me, and having em don't make me a better person in any way :shrug:

chcr said:
Justintime said:
don't make me a better person in any way
Does to me (j/k) :D

Does to me too, but then I consider myself a geek. Gigabits impress me. Gigahertz impress me even more. I guess maybe I'm funny that way.

But no, Justin, you don't come across as a showoff, but IF I didn't give you a hard time, you'd probably think someone stole my account, eh?

Impressed? :p

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=9cc3ac7db8caa5e94c425d67279d0f87&postid=178438[/attachment]

Attachments

• dr.jpg
    dr.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 28
lol, i was bsing you, i just hooked up all my dvd drives for fun, who in their right mind would have 5 optical drives? :D

Dammit, I was just starting to get some wood too. Sure you won't show me detailed view?

Back