Forgive and forget??? Not likely

IDLEchild

Aunty Em said:
Forgiveness, interesting, do I forgive wrongs done to me............ generally I would say no.

I just become emotionally detached from the person and therefore neither they nor their act have any further relevance.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Me most of the time.

Oz

I don't really hold grudges.......although I am a big believer in an eye for an eye. If you shit on my kebab, I'll piss on yer chips but then it's over and done with.

CydCharisse

I don't really hold grudges.......although I am a big believer in an eye for an eye. If you shit on my kebab, I'll piss on yer chips but then it's over and done with.

I wish I could do that. It takes months, sometimes years for a betrayal to subside for me

greenfreak

I am a big grudge-holder. Each time I question myself, how I should let go of my grudges, someone does something to solidify my actions.

Funny, I was just telling a good online friend about how I was being "big" about a bad situation; not calling attention to a failed friendship, leaving well enough alone. But the person on the other end decided to pull a trick on me anyway, out of nowhere. For fun, I take it. Or just because they're a loser who has nothing better to do with their time. Thankfully, I have much better things to do with *my* life than to get my kicks screwing with people online.

I've learned that as you get older, there are very few people in the world you can call friends. REAL friends. And the ones that don't fit that description, I cut them loose. I'm not getting any younger, I don't need to waste time with people who I can't trust.

Now, family, on the other hand, that is totally different. I wasn't a big fan of my father for most of my life. When he stopped drinking, it took me a long time to trust him and to feel something close to affection, much less love. But I did forgive him, for a lot, and I am so glad I did. I really would have missed out, I love him so much.

So yea, I hold grudges. I'd be more apt to forgive and forget with family first, then real life friends, and lastly online friends. But each time an online friend has lied, let me down, or I just realized they were assholes, it's never turned around from there. So they stay on my shit list. Or ignore list, as it were. :D

BeardofPants

Aunty Em said:
I just become emotionally detached from the person and therefore neither they nor their act have any further relevance.

Yeeeah, that's what I do. I can be quite terrible for grudges. It depends on the fight, and who it's with though, as I'm quick to forget as well.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
CydCharisse said:
I can forgive...but I never, ever forget

Makes perfect sense to me. Forgetting only leaves you open for the same crap a second, or third, time.

freako104

ill forgive sometimes but it really depends on what happened. there is some things I will never forgive nor forget.

Jon

Whether I forgive or not depends on how severe I judge the event in question to be. Usually, I'm a very forgiving person. The only exception to this is my stepdad. i've tried to get on with him, and we were even really good friends at one time, but he's continually shit on me from a great height, e.g. he could hire a luxury car to take my brother 200 miles down to Reading (UK) for 4 hours of demonstration (my brother's a Royal Engineer in the Army), yet I had to ask my mate's (WelshBob) dad to take me and my stuff home from uni, at 9:30 at night, when he'd driven all the way from Anglesey (North Wales, about 90-odd miles from Manchester), another 70 miles, being from Manchester to Sheffield and back.

Fucking wanker.