Freecycle

MrBishop

I just found out about this... it's been around for a while, and looks like one hell of an idea.

Got stuff to get rid of? Post it...if someone wants it, you make arrangments for them to pick it up. Voila..instead of adding to the garbage landfills, you've recycled instead. Same thing goes if you need something...you post it and maybe someone has it and was planning on getting rid of it.

The person who told me about it got a free upright piano.

Freecycle :beardbng:

We did that some time ago. The people who run it, at least locally, were potty trained at gunpoint. I wrote it off about a week after I joined.

I agree, it's a fantastic idea. Like so many others, it gets abused by some and micromanaged by others to the point of being a waste of time for me.

I decided to try it out and have had success in two days. I've pretty much gotten rid of a bedroom set, coffee table set and a microwave stand that I didn't want anymore.

I have a couple of dinner services (full sets of 64 pieces each - steak set, curry set & dinner set) I wanna get rid of. Colour is 'sahara'

Any takers?

You can pick it up from me over the weekend.

Fuck no. I've already got five, that's right, count 'em, 5 dinner sets that I'm trying to fob off. Danged gramma xmas presents. :grumpy:

Back