Fresh meat

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Do you want fries with that? How about a bar of soap? Or some furniture? It’s possible you may soon be hearing that at your local McDonald’s. The chain that’s made a worldwide success out of selling fast food is looking at expanding into items you use – not eat.

The restaurant giant admits its pondering increasing the range of what’s available at your local Golden Arches sometime in the next two years. “[We’re] looking at concepts that might go beyond restaurants, which could involve retail extension,” agrees spokesman Walt Riker. “We're going to experiment and see what might work.”

McDonald’s won’t say exactly what it is they’re considering putting up for sale, only that its vast real estate holdings and franchises offer a sales potential that may be too good to ignore. They’ve already signed a deal to install Internet access at 4,000 outlets in Japan, giving a whole new meaning to surf and turf.

But some analysts question the strategy, worrying it could weaken the brand – and won’t help slumping sales of the signature Big Mac and fries.
source

:confuse3:

ris

sounds like our service stations selling wierd things like charcoal and garden furniture. add tis to their being open 24hours and you get drunk people buying wierd shit and trying to get it served via the night-tray!

Q

Are you trying to say I'm not likely to be an informed savvy shopper at the gas station trashed outta my tree at 3 am?:D

ris

q, i am sure that like all half-cut petrol station shoppers you are fully aware of all the great offers and options, espcially garden furtniture :D