Friday the 13th - Booga Booga!!!

MrBishop

So..it's Friday the 13th. Anyone feeling anxious?

I'm not the kind of guy that takes magical dates into account.
Today though:

I forgot to take out anything for supper
I forgot my bag-lunch
I forgot a piece of software that I needed today
Our copier has stopped working twice
Our fax doesn't work
IE has crashed 3 times
Outlook has crashed once
My afternoon schedule has been radically changed
I found out that I have a funeral to attend Sunday
and a bucnh of other small things.

I'm being paranoid...right?

i forgot it was friday the 13th....now i'm kinda nervous for my kitty having surgery today....i'm sorry your day is bad, bish :sadhug:

Actually, Its a fairly nice day and I'm in good spirits... but I should probably put off unpacking the china until tomorrow... just to be sure.

Interestingly enough this day/date has proven to be good luck if anything. Mostly just another day.

Since I think religion is pure superstition, I'm unlikely to care about Friday the 13th.:D

MrBishop said:

Today though:

I forgot my bag-lunch
Our fax doesn't work
IE has crashed 3 times
Outlook has crashed once

Not necessarily, only if the above is unusual for you. ;)

MrBishop said:

Today though:

I forgot my bag-lunch
Our fax doesn't work
IE has crashed 3 times
Outlook has crashed once

Say what ever happened to you? You seem to have shrunk if you're avatar is anything to go by! Or is that the Friday the 13th thing and it's really you under there? :D

Crashing microsoft products? Oh no! Whatever shall we do?? :eek:

It was yesterday, and I didn't realise until now, so I guess it missed me. :swing:

Silver lady said:
Say what ever happened to you? You seem to have shrunk if you're avatar is anything to go by! Or is that the Friday the 13th thing and it's really you under there? :D

That's Bish JR :)

My day got even worst....if you can imagine.

We're supposed to be reformating the HD at work. Doing a correct backup takes time. Especially when you have contacts/email etc fro outlook to export, plus a few databases etc..

Normally...I'd have the time on Friday...but the early friday morning work got delayed by everything that I listed in the first post. Here comes the guy who's supposed to take the machine home to fdisk etc, and guess what....nothign's done. No backup, no exports etc.

AND

I have to go into an afternoon shift that wasn't scheduled until 30 mins before. So now, I have 30 mins to backup everything on 100mb zips, export, deal with walk-ins etc and it's not going to happen. So, I spend the first hour of my second job, on the phone with my first job describing to someone who doesn't know compis from a hole in the ground, how to back up my files!!!

Can't we just restart the day???!?!?!?!?

O man I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th! :D Time to go back to my home planet now :alienhuh:

But on a more serious note my day has been fine nothing to complain about except the lack of sleep which was my fault! Oh well sorry to hear how your day is going bish I'd help ya if we lived closer!

drkavnger99 said:
O man I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th! :D Time to go back to my home planet now :alienhuh:

But on a more serious note my day has been fine nothing to complain about except the lack of sleep which was my fault! Oh well sorry to hear how your day is going bish I'd help ya if we lived closer!

Hell...I'd help myself if I could. That bloody computer's giving us more trouble than its worth. I've told the guy who's insisting on the reformat that it can wait another week....no go. I've told him that it'd be best to actually buy a new HD (20GB - $40.00) and transfer information...no go. I told him that by rushing the backup, that we were treading on dangerous ground and risked losing important info...no go!

I'll go in on Monday and deal with the consequences...if something goes wrong, guess who they'll blame?

I should retire!

Well, you know how superstitious sailors are . . .

So far today:

We had a false fire alarm at work

It has been pouring down rain all day

Traffic was a bitch (unusual for this area)

I got very sick from something I ate for lunch last night

Was gonna have new tires put on my truck today, but didn't (see above)

etc. etc. etc.

Aaaaaargh.

My day went alright. Got up, went to the Dish Network starting-the-job class, came home, found out my electric bill was $69.44, higher than I'd expected. But since my day is totally packed tomorrow, I'm going to have a sort of early valentine's day with Laurie tonight instead.

Back