Fridays Question:

staffrodore

Time for something different people. (from me anyway)

Throughout history, those known for character and integrity were the most admired and influential.

Which historical figures do you admire most?

alive:
Hillary Clinton
Elton John
Madonna

Dead:
Ronald Reagan
Princess Diana
John Lennon
Christopher Reeves
Marilyn Monroe
Theodore "Dr. Suess" Geisel

Alive...

Tony Blair
Norman Shwarzkopff
Colin Powell

Dead...

John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson
Martin Luther King

All of those people stood up for something they believed in fully, whether it was popular, or not.

ClaireBear said:
:lol2:

Sorry biased... :kiss:

I know, but he, unlike most politicians, actually stood for something...right, or wrong, makes no difference. :shrug: To use 'American', he put his ass on the line for a principal. American politicians haven't done that since 1964...

Mare said:
alive:
Hillary Clinton
Elton John
Madonna

That's very interesting. All three alive ones are heavily lacking in any moral fibre. And all of them have derived some, if not all, of their infamy from their sexual exploits. Very interesting indeed.

Gato_Solo said:
I know, but he, unlike most politicians, actually stood for something...right, or wrong, makes no difference. :shrug: To use 'American', he put his ass on the line for a principal. American politicians haven't done that since 1964...

Ahhh! You do have a point...

Oh... and if Dubya isn't running the world's super power at large...

Who the Hell is!!!!!

But I digress...

Dead:

Gandi think there should be an 'H' in there somewhere!... (for obvious reasons!)
Charles Dickens (Great literary and also social commentator who attempted to right the wrongs of Victorian Britain)
John Lennon
Winston Churchill (Politically dubious but a great leader)

Alive:

I can actually only name the one's I wouldn't want to meet... ;)

Living - Paul Stanley and Stephen king. Both have enormous talent, made their mark their own way, and are unapologetic about their success. Also, Colin Powell. He is the only political-type person I can think of that I truly respect.

Deceased - Randy Rhoads. I have heard literally thousands upon thousands of guitarists, and I think he was the best to ever strap the instrument on.

Horace Kephart, the man who first explored the Southern Highlands of the Appalachians and wrote any sort of non-biased account of life here before "modernization" ruined the beauty of the mountains.

Helen Keller - No one ever overcame so much and accomplished so much at the same time.

Ray Charles - more talent than most people ever acknowledged.

Mark Twain - no one ever had to wonder what was really on his mind...

Alan Kulwicki - NASCAR driver, again someone who made things happen on his own terms.

Dead: Arquímedes, Newton, Gauss.
Alive: Stephen Hawking

Edit: I forgot Beethoven and Bach.

ClaireBear said:
Smart arse... :tomato:

Actually yes!... If you... er... wouldn't mind just bending over slightly so I can get a better view... :p :hump:

You have to admit, Johann Sebastion had 13 children, and at least one of them became 'famous' on his own (Johann Christian). :winkkiss:

Dead :
Winston Churchill - "We shall never surrender"
Beethoven - completely stone deaf for the last of his music compositions
Leonardo de Vinci - just look at his inventions...truly a man ahead of his time.
Ghandi - accomplished so much with a 'zero violence' perspective.
Mary Shelley - authoress of Frankenstein (History) in case the idea of a female author during the Victorian era wasn't enough f'r you...check out her history.
Gallileo - died for his convictions
Albert Einstein - father of modern science

Alive:
Hawkings - revolutionary for modern physics despite his overpowering handicaps.
The Dalai Lama - spreading the word of peace.

Living:

Jesus
John Hagee
Colin Powell

Dead:

MK.Gandhi
Martin Luther King jr
Oskar Schindler
Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu

Back