From Iron to Homeless Mike Tyson

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What a loser. Hasn't he already squandered his second 2nd chance for the second time?

The July 30 bout is the first of seven scheduled to get Tyson, who will turn 38 on Wednesday, out of debt, WLKY reported. He hasn't fought in about 17 months, and has spent some of his time lately living on the street, according to the London Evening Standard.

"This is a free country," said Tyson, who's squandered approximately $400 million in career winnings and is now trying to get out of debt. "It's the greatest country in the world."

"For two years I have been a bum, truly a bum in the streets," he told the newspaper of Williams' hometown. "I've got nowhere to live. I've been crashing with friends, literally sleeping in shelters."

"I may have a checkered past, which we all have, some more publicized than others," he said. "But I think I've grown since then, and I deserve another chance to prove that my checkered past can be swept away."

WRAL

wouldn'tcha slow down when you got down to your last million? I just can't fathom it. :tardbang:

That's because nobody ever handed us a check like his just to get into a fight, Leslie. Imagine if we got paid like that for our 'debates' in RW...

If it comes too easy, it's easily squandered. ;)

Leslie said:
wouldn'tcha slow down when you got down to your last million? I just can't fathom it. :tardbang:

ditto....how do you blow 400 Million....even with the ecstasy of easy money riding high $400 million is a lot to blow.

A.B.Normal said:
Well,since his manager ,Don King, probably takes about 85-90% ,he probably actually blew alot less.

Don King does not take 85-90% of his fighter's purses...That's totally innaccurate, and you know it. :grumpy: It's actually 90-95%... :grinyes:

Come now. Let's speak boxerese.

King:"You'll get paid a lot. I'll take some for the work I do."
Boxer: "How much?
King:"After my expenses & lawyer fee's, you'll give me my percentage."
Boxer:"How much do I get?"
King:"The rest, enough to get that red car you like"
Boxer:"WOOHOO"

Back