From the Mid-Terms Until Now.....

The ladder is there. There are no guards blocking anyones access. Climb, or get off, just be quick about it. People are where they are by choice. It's not the job of the rest of us to make up the difference.

You know...I read somewhere that almost half of the minimum wage earners are under 25 and under-educated.

yeah but all that's their own fault, right?

i get really sick of bitching about "low pay" and "lack of opportunity" from people that never worked hard for anything. get educated. get a job. figure out an angle. work your ass off. move up. or don't... but then don't whine when shit don't go your way and you don't get lucky with some union job that rewards you for being a case study in inertia.

So why aren't you near the top yet?

Because I'm a lazy SOB who prefers time with his family to playing the corporate game.

Power & wealth, while not to be turned down if offered, are not my focus. Never have been.

The problem with hiking the minimum wage... my wage is above minimum, but it stayed the same. It does give me less to feel superior about, I suppose... but more importantly, places that have minimum-wage workers now have added costs they have to pass on, making goods and services more expensive for me with no additional income to cover the difference. It's basically a pay cut for me, since the dollars I make now don't go as far.

I get a feeling that more companies will start appreciating the good employees
more in the near future.

Because I'm a lazy SOB who prefers time with his family to playing the corporate game.

Power & wealth, while not to be turned down if offered, are not my focus. Never have been.

Just make yourself some millions and you can retire and spend all kinds of time with the family.

you can want in one hand
and wish in the other
when Gonz has to answer to you
Tonks will wear a Burqa

So if you're goal is to spend more time with your family, why not justmake a few mill and spend it all with them?

Because it takes TIME & HARD WORK to get there. Neither of which I'm willin gto give.

Back