GAH!!!

So i was working on a Dual 1.4 Proliant ML350 (i think)Tualatin machine with 2 46GB SCSI Hdds and for some reason the SCSI driver refuses to work, even though the compaq site said it was for said card. Everything checks out after F6ing at setup etc, cept on first reboot Windows 2000 advanced goes bluescreen with unmountable boot device. So i dug about and found an older driver and it worked :rolleyes: so much for driver enhancements and increased stability:rolleyes: Retried the drivers on a hunch, the manufacturer set the 2 SCSI devices on 4 and 5 i think, i tried 0 and 1 and it seems to work there, odd innit? :D

i think it's just that you're trying to make a compaq work properly, i don't think they're designed for such abuse. :)

Justintime said:
So i was working on a Dual 1.4 Proliant ML350 (i think)Tualatin machine with 2 46GB SCSI Hdds and for some reason the SCSI driver refuses to work, even though the compaq site said it was for said card. Everything checks out after F6ing at setup etc, cept on first reboot Windows 2000 advanced goes bluescreen with unmountable boot device. So i dug about and found an older driver and it worked :rolleyes: so much for driver enhancements and increased stability:rolleyes: Retried the drivers on a hunch, the manufacturer set the 2 SCSI devices on 4 and 5 i think, i tried 0 and 1 and it seems to work there, odd innit? :D

Were you using the onbarod SCSI controller (if this particular server has it) or a PCI SCSI card? I know we ususally use an additional PCI SCSI card instead of the onboard, always seem to have better luck that way. Also, the Compaq/HP PCI SCSI cards are harware RAID's, so the OS has no clue it's a RAID at all :)

rrfield

rrfield said:
Were you using the onbarod SCSI controller (if this particular server has it) or a PCI SCSI card? I know we ususally use an additional PCI SCSI card instead of the onboard, always seem to have better luck that way. Also, the Compaq/HP PCI SCSI cards are harware RAID's, so the OS has no clue it's a RAID at all :)

rrfield

It was totally OEM, so i would guess onboard SCSI.

Back