Gaming

There are plenty of folks out there who think games based on World War 2 are ghoulish and should be banned. This is really the same discussion. :shrug:

Unc had it. Bad taste? Yes. Should be censored? No.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i was late to the thread. what was the link about?

It was a montage of photos dealing with the Columbine student shootings and a proposal for a 'shoot up the school' type of minigame.

ahhh
put me in the bad taste, less censoring camp.

hopefully, the idea will fade away, never to be heard from again. the absolute quickest way to get that incorporated into a game is to make a big stink about it. once you tell the public they cant have it, they clamor for it.

does anybody know what, exactly, is protected as free speech?

if i stood on a street corner and spewed forth profanities, would that be free speech?

using the 'original intent' doctrine in interpreting the bill of rights, i wonder how the columbine game would fare.

I never mentioned banning or even censoring this game. Interesting that is the direction we took. I'm disgusted by it & think people ought to know it exists.

I do seriously question whether video gaming can fall under the premise of free speech.

Dave, the link seems to work now.

Minkey...I can answer that in 7 notes-What is Political Speech?

Gonz said:
Gaming is speech?

Yes. But even with something like this it is still free speech. Now if someone pulls a Columbine because of this then the shit will hit the fan about this game

Back