gato, the tree murderer is on the loose

greenfreak said:
Rusty's first Christmas tree was last year in our apartment (he's technically Jewish but his family never celebrated the holidays much) and now he's hooked. We're going to get a mini tree from the Fire Department down the block and decorate this weekend. We have a whole bunch of lights and ornaments from last year but he won't allow me to put garland on it. :(

What do all of you pack on your tree? Any pictures?

I'm Jewish, Nat isn't, chanukah is at my house, my nephews are gonna freak over my tree

greenfreak said:
What do all of you pack on your tree? Any pictures?

My husband and I don't have many ornaments yet ... this is only our 3rd year together ... but we have some nice handmade ones that are friends give us that I love!!

The only thing I don't like on my tree is when they flock it ... and I'm too lazy to put tinsel on it ... :D

We used to do the whole Christmas decorating thing - with the strings for the cards and the nativity scene all set up and decorating the tree with little wooden trinkets and lights that look like candles.

But we don't really do that anymore - I guess because we spend Christmas outside mostly we have taken to decorating the garden more (not with those garish figurines of Santa etc), with some lights down the driveway and so on. Besides, it saves a tree or two.

Though I think we'll probably decorate for Martin - it'll be his first Christmas (well, the first where he is old enough to enjoy it all - with the last Christmas he was only 5 months old).

i have a bunch of christmas bric-a-brac and doodads but i am lacking in ornaments...i have some...buncha wooden ones, 2 my girls got last year, and my ozzy osbourne red ball ornament...yes i'm serious...i aim to have a tree next year.

We got our tree today. All they had left were full size trees so they cut one in half, cut the branches off the lower end and bunched them for me. I didn't know what I would do with them when I got home but I found a really good use for one bundle. I'm using them to insulate the 7 containers of spring bulbs I have in a trench on the side of the house. The leaves I was using as mulch kept blowing away. Not anymore with those branches protecting them. :)

Rusty and I are decorating tonight with our lights, red and green balls, and ornaments. We keep it pretty simple.

hey GF...i thought pine needles 'burned' roots, bulbs, etc....i may be wrong but i have heard this before...

I've never had a real tree and never really care to. I imagine one year I will, once, but a fake tree works for me. I don't like to kill the trees for a holiday unless the hubby would split it afterwards for firewood. But is pine much good for wood? Not to mention it will still be too green. :disgust:

We have a prelit one this year, using the mom-in-laws. :D decorating commenses tonight.

/me despises tinsel

After the first two years of the cats systematically destroying plastic trees..........I gave up on the idea (having a tree that is, not the cats)

Back