Gay bullying and murder

jimpeel

Bill Handel, KFI 640 Los Angeles, described today what led up to the killing of a gay student in Ventura County. It seems that this gay kid was flaunting his homosexuality and spreading false allegations about his exploits with kids he had never had any liaison with at all. One of them simply decided enough is enough and shot the kid in the head right in the classroom.

It comes down to a case of bullying by this kid.

The parents are now suing the school for encouraging this kid's behavior and refusing to deal with the situation.

Not gay bashing or straight bashing or justifying the act of the murderer. Just wondering what others think of what seems to be the first case of gay bullying and what the role of schools should be in these situations.

Listen to the segment before you comment, if you would, please.

RADIO LINK TO HANDEL SHOW SEGMENT

Bill Handel, KFI 640 Los Angeles, described today what led up to the killing of a gay student in Ventura County. It seems that this gay kid was flaunting his homosexuality and spreading false allegations about his exploits with kids he had never had any liaison with at all. One of them simply decided enough is enough and shot the kid in the head right in the classroom.

It comes down to a case of bullying by this kid.

The parents are now suing the school for encouraging this kid's behavior and refusing to deal with the situation.

Not gay bashing or straight bashing or justifying the act of the murderer. Just wondering what others think of what seems to be the first case of gay bullying and what the role of schools should be in these situations.

Listen to the segment before you comment, if you would, please.

RADIO LINK TO HANDEL SHOW SEGMENT

Educators should have moved aggressively to quell rising tensions between the two boys, which began when King openly flirted with McInerney, said William Quest, the Ventura County assistant public defender representing the eighth-grader.
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/08/local/me-oxnard8

Quite a difference of opinion on what started it.

McInerney, he said, felt humiliated and harassed by King’s attentions, and a troubled home life left him emotionally unequipped to handle the situation.

So that is the schools fault or that of the dead kid how .

Hmmmm

Well I am still unclear, was it flirting once, or was it flirting more than once after being told to stop.

If it was ongoing harrassment, and bullying, and the school should have taken steps.

Just cause he was gay doesn't mean he wasn't a bully. There are assholes of every race religion and sexuality.

hate crime = pc pandering crap.

It is simply a crime, the motive is irrelevent

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/08/local/me-oxnard8

Quite a difference of opinion on what started it.

So that is the schools fault or that of the dead kid how .

I don't understand. King is the dead gay kid and McInerney is the shooter who was being harassed. Where is the difference in opinion? Handel said hat th4e kid went up to this guy right in front of his friend and stated that they were going to make "gay babies" together.

The GLBT folx are helping protect the kid who did the shooting from being tried as an adult
A coalition of gay- and gender-rights organizations, including many based in California, has also issued a call for McInerney to be tried as a juvenile. McInerney should be held accountable, the coalition said, but in a system that treats juvenile offenders differently from adults – and with the goal of rehabilitation.
“We’ve always held the position that youths should not be tried in adult court,” said Carolyn Laub, executive director of the Gay-Straight Alliance Network, one of 27 groups in the coalition.
“Trying Brandon McInerney as an adult does not serve us in terms of bringing justice to the issue. We need our schools to do a better job preventing violence and create safer school climates.”

Speaks volumes, eh

I don't understand. King is the dead gay kid and McInerney is the shooter who was being harassed. Where is the difference in opinion? Handel said hat th4e kid went up to this guy right in front of his friend and stated that they were going to make "gay babies" together.

the 2 reports are different.

one makes it sound like it was ongoing harrassment, the other like the guy kid flirted once or something.

Depending which is true changes my feelings on what is happening.

If it was ongoing harrassment, the school should have done something, and while the shooting is not even CLOSE to justified, the school does share a small bit of responsibility.

If it was a simple flirt...the shooter holds all the responibility.

they often go together. and they often also go along with...
-pregnant smokers... under age 14
-mini truck mullets
-7 year-olds who have the skills and knowledge to change a head gasket and process a goat into meat
- small huts out in the back yard wherein "religious experiences" between fathers and daughters take place
- mismatched flatware
- suspicion of anyone who, in all their fancyness, dared finish high school
- very, very bad teeth
- the accumulation of scrap metal

-mini truck mullets
-7 year-olds who have the skills and knowledge to change a head gasket and process a goat into meat
- small huts out in the back yard wherein "religious experiences" between fathers and daughters take place
- mismatched flatware
- very, very bad teeth

huh? homeschooling dows not go with those, and outside of jokes, neither does inbreeding.

Inbreeding goes with royalty

Whall, y'see, it's like this ....

Noone in my house smokes,
I've got a minitruck, but lack the mullet
My 6 year old is right on track for changing that head gasket, but he'll be processing a pork roast into pulled pork. Goat doesn't make our table
My daughter and my only communal religious experience is when she starts cursing me.
All of our kids have their personal flatware, (nascar, bob the builder, etc)
My kids already understand that public school teaches what the gov't/media puts out, not reality
Bad teeth ... 2 of my three kids had baby bottle syndrome, and one needed a dental appliance to correct a defect from her mother's side of the family concerning the shape of the mouth.
I've a sizable collection of metal that's in the process of transforming itself into my minitruck's new floor

Gee, why in hell did I just dump $250 in fees at the local school to put my daughter there.

-mini truck mullets
- mismatched flatware
- very, very bad teeth

My kid is missing so much. We're failing as homeschoolers. :finger:

Back