Geeks suspect Online Girlfriend of Faking their IP address

AnomalousEntity

With all these threads about online behavior and flirting, I thought this entirely appropriate.

From the spot:

Tuesday, August 5 12:01 AM EDT

Geek Suspects Online Girlfriend
Of Faking Her IP Addresses
By Brian Briggs

Livonia, MI - David Rangel, a geek from suburban Detroit, suspects that his online girlfriend, Tiffany Mounds, may be faking her IP address.

"I've been dating her online for about six months now. I got suspicious when a lot of her comments in her code looked a lot like those from that bastard Java coder Trent. So one time, she tells me she's at home, and if I don't believe her to check her IP address. She's a bit too free with that information," said Rangel.

"Then other times she'd be like 'Oh baby, I'm coming at you from 154.34.23.125' and I'd get all hot. Then later I'll check and find out that 154.xxx isn't even assigned to her country. What's that all about?" wondered Rangel.

Tiffany Mounds (not her real name) said, "David is so easily fooled. He thinks 'ooh, me big hacker man, ph33r me,' but I'm playing him like Diablo 2. He has no idea where I'm coming from. I have this little dongle that I stick in my box and it automatically fakes it for me. It's really effortless."

A recent survey showed that close to 48% of females were faking their IP addresses on a regular basis. Many surveyed said they do it for safety, so some 'loser geek' doesn't start stalking them. Others do it to protect themselves from viruses. "You never know where these guys have been pinging," explained one respondent.

Related News
Top 11 Signs You're Becoming a Geek

Growing Trend in P2P Girlfriends

Then and Now: Wasting Time at Work

Paul Koskey from Kenosha Wisconsin acknowledged that a lot of faking goes on, but that it doesn't bother him, "Hey, as long as she's a she then I'm not going to worry about it."

Paul's online girlfriend, Fred Smith of Saint Louis, admitted to IP deception.

Recommend This Story to a Friend

Previous - Home - Next

Recommend This Page to a Friend

Join the Mailing List

"Microsoft Purchases Evil from Satan" and Other T-Shirts

Archives - Message Board

I'm playing him like Diablo 2.

Well, whos the real dork here.

hay wait a second here, since when did women learn how to change there IP address...hmm..i smell a conspiracy

I saw that the bottom was part of the links on each page, so I skipped it, if I had read it, I would have known it was a joke.

btw, any mistakes in this post?

Luis G said:
I saw that the bottom was part of the links on each page, so I skipped it, if I had read it, I would have known it was a joke.

btw, any mistakes in this post?

It's a bit of a runon sentance. Maybe something like "I saw that the bottom was part of the links on each page, so I skipped it. Had I read the bottom, I would have known it was a joke." Maybe?

:lol: to the article. :D

Stupid jokes, satire, weird humor, sarcasm, and general Tom (and joe) foolery are my specialties.

There will be more posts like this if its al lthe same to you all. *poke*

Oh and dont give me the credit, I dont write this stuff. Ill just find it think its funny and cut and past it here. "spot" the BBspot. I do occassinally write things like this, although not nearly as funny I suppose! *phanwink*

AnomalousEntity said:
Oh and dont give me the credit, I dont write this stuff. Ill just find it think its funny and cut and past it here. "spot" the BBspot. I do occassinally write things like this, although not nearly as funny I suppose! *phanwink*

I don't know, I've experienced some of your original material - very, very impressive (oh, and the jokes are great too).... :licklips:

AnomalousEntity said:
Stupid jokes, satire, weird humor, sarcasm, and general Tom (and joe) foolery are my specialties.

More please........proper brightened my afternoon did that :D

AnomalousEntity said:

Jokes belong to the Entertainment forum ;)

Back