George Washington on political parties

dude, trust me, he's dumb as shit. he'd get stuck in a lobster trap. one can reach that "plateau" as a puppet. his record of 'achievement' is dismal at best when examined objectively - he's more or less skated along his whole life. hey, yeah, paris hilton has a lot of money too! think she 'brained' her way into that? nope.

When Paris becomes Prez, instead of paparazi food, I'll agree with you.

i'm entirely unconvinced there's much of a difference. you know as well as i do that things are awfully 'tarded these days.

BTW they're both republicans.

lots of morons from families with money get through harvard. duh. several of my co-workers went there. two of them can't write to save their lives or think their way out of.... a lobster trap.

my SAT score was significantly better when i took it in the 7th grade. maybe i should be president.

it's nice that the brits think intelligence is stable. and its nice that bush got an 'okay' SAT score (though curiously a bit marginal for ivy league, hmmm....). i'm glad you can put those together into the symbol you're looking for, which you;d certainly find regardless.

bush just isn't very smart. all he can do is repeat phrases like "the evildoers" when cheney pulls his string.

You "missunderestimate" the President.

I wonder how many clowns have graduated from Yale University (1968) graduated from Harvard Business School (1975) and rated a 1206 SAT on their college entrance exam, which = a 120+ IQ score? And according to the Brits intelligence is stable throughout a lifespan:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2000/09/28/ecnage28.xml

lots of morons from families with money get through harvard. duh. several of my co-workers went there. two of them can't write to save their lives or think their way out of.... a lobster trap.

my SAT score was significantly better when i took it in the 7th grade. maybe i should be president.

My SAT score was significantly higher too.

Equating SAT scores to IQs is shaky ground indeed. Hell, equating IQ testing scores to IQs is shaky ground. There are people with astonishingly high IQs who can barely function so I don't find it a useful tool for estimating intellect in any case.

Made some extra spending cash writing term papers for and tutoring just the guys 2minkey describes at Cornell though. If you're willing to pay, you can get what you want.

it's nice that the brits think intelligence is stable. and its nice that bush got an 'okay' SAT score (though curiously a bit marginal for ivy league, hmmm....). i'm glad you can put those together into the symbol you're looking for, which you;d certainly find regardless.

bush just isn't very smart. all he can do is repeat phrases like "the evildoers" when cheney pulls his string.

All I know is that, back in those days, a degree from Harvard actually meant something, regardless of how much your family paid. Hell...from the 1990's until just recently, more than a few Masters and PHD's were from 'cut and paste' and not actual work. :shrug: Don't confuse bad speech with low intelligence. If we do that, we'd also have to include typed grammar. ;)

lots of morons from families with money get through harvard. duh.

So his Daddy bought his grades?

And all this time I thought it was Rove who pulled the strings.

chcr said:
If you're willing to pay, you can get what you want.

Daddy paid for a C+ from Yale?

All I know is that, back in those days, a degree from Harvard actually meant something,

It still does Gato. It means the same thing it meant back then. You could buy one then, you can buy one now. Universities have to make money too. :shrug:

And all this time I thought it was Rove who pulled the strings.
I'm pretty sure that everyone else on the planet fully understands that Rove is a lackey.

Daddy paid for a C+ from Yale?
A high school C student that suddenly starts getting straight A's at an Ivy League University might attract attention. Think it through. :rolleyes:

It still does Gato. It means the same thing it meant back then. You could buy one then, you can buy one now. Universities have to make money too. :shrug:

I disagree to a certain extent. I've seen C+ students who work their asses off and have a frimer grasp of the course than the straight-A types. I also know that, back then, intergrity meant more than just the punch-line it is today. I also know that grades, as represented here, are not a gauge of intelligence.

chcr said:
I'm pretty sure that everyone else on the planet fully understands that Rove is a lackey.

Naah. Rove is a brown-noser.

chcr said:
A high school C student that suddenly starts getting straight A's at an Ivy League University might attract attention. Think it through. :rolleyes:

Happens all the time today...:p

I don't know, he did manage to outsmart the pretzel that had come to do him in. If it had been a peanut I'm not sure how things would have turned out though.

If this doesn't say smarts I don't know what does:

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

I disagree to a certain extent. I've seen C+ students who work their asses off and have a frimer grasp of the course than the straight-A types. I also know that, back then, intergrity meant more than just the punch-line it is today. I also know that grades, as represented here, are not a gauge of intelligence.
You're kidding yourself. To people in the Bushes' socio-economic circle integrity has always been just a word you use to gain an advantage. For millennia. Probably wildly unlikely to change too.

Naah. Rove is a brown-noser.
What's the difference?

Happens all the time today...:p
And as before, draws extra scrutiny every time. Not saying it can't be done or doesn't happen, just that if you were doing stuff like cheating to skate by you'd want to appear less obtrusive.

You're kidding yourself. To people in the Bushes' socio-economic circle integrity has always been just a word you use to gain an advantage. For millennia. Probably wildly unlikely to change too.

:shrug: Not in all cases...

chcr said:
What's the difference?

Nobody uses the word 'lackey' anymore.

chcr said:
And as before, draws extra scrutiny every time. Not saying it can't be done or doesn't happen, just that if you were doing stuff like cheating to skate by you'd want to appear less obtrusive.

Not really. The lack of gumption to confront an obvious wrong has also atrophied because of the 'me' decade...which is turning into the 'me' century...

:D

:shrug: Not in all cases...
No, but certainly in theirs, at least in my opinion.

Nobody uses the word 'lackey' anymore.
Almost nobody. :D It's the best one word description for him though. Maybe "toady?"

Not really. The lack of gumption to confront an obvious wrong has also atrophied because of the 'me' decade...which is turning into the 'me' century...
The "me" decade was the 1970s. ;) (plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose)

Realistically though, since WWII they've pretty much all been "me" decades.

:D

Almost nobody. :D It's the best one word description for him though. Maybe "toady?"

"Toady" has a nice ring to it, but bootlicker sounds more apropos if you're going 'old-skool'...

chcr said:
The "me" decade was the 1970s. ;) (plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose)

Realistically though, since WWII they've pretty much all been "me" decades.

You are correct in the 70's being the 'me' decade (as opposed to the Al Franken decade, but I digress), and that is what I was referring to. ;)

Back