Get Fuzzy

Does it measure up...?

• Not as good as either BloomC or C&H

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Better than Bloom but not C&H

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Better than C&H but not Bloom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I shall kill you for this blasphemy C&H and Bloom ROCK...DIE SCUMM!!!

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

MrBishop

This has got to be the number one contender for replacement of either Bloom County or Calvin & Hobbes?
The level of intellectual humor and turn of phrase do it for me.

Anyone got other comics that come close to the GLORY of either Bloom or Calvin?

attachment.php

I'd look at UK humor as well...although, I'm afraid, that Andy Capp doesn't begin to compete at thsi level. Sorry :p

:blank: maybe its lack of sleep but i didnt find it too funny. its allright but im sure there are others that are just like that. but funnier

Andy Capp is very specific to the UK market - there are still blokes around who think like that - which is why I find it funny. It's a sad world where you can't have a good laugh and this just doesn't fit the bill.... it's trying to be intelligent and witty but it just comes over as pretentious. :shrug: :disgust2:

Anybody else think that dog looks like Stimpy?

I thought the Far Side was right up there with BC and C&H... Other than that, I don't think anything comes close.

(In my best Ren voice) :You eeediot....he doesn't look anything like Stimpy... :)

Far Side was Bloom County...part deux.

I'm looking for soemthing by another artist...to add to my reading list.

we don't get a huge press of c+h and bloom county over here.

i quite like doonesbury though, they stick that under steve bell in the guardian. bell is a terrifically caustic satirist.

I've grown to really like Get Fuzzy, especially Bucky Katt. It's a hell of a lot better than La Cucaracha, the cartoon that got added to the Fresno Bee's comica page at the same time as Get Fuzzy. I kinda miss Garfield, though.

getfuzzy2003034064708.gif

AARrrrG MaN! I'm lost in this whole new generation!

Bring back Blondie an' Dagwood, Andy Capp, Peanuts.............

........naw, scratch Andy Capp, he always sucked!:D

A.B.Normal said:
MrBishop wrote:

Far Side was Bloom County...part deux.

Oops...I was thinking of Outland...thanks for the 'boot to the head'.

Bloomcounty= Berk Breathed

FarSide = Gary Larson

Back