Get it over with

Hmm. Got a spot above my left eye that's...textured, for lack of a better word. Need to go have that looked after.

Sorry it wasn't a total clean slate, SnP, but at least they didn't tell you you were back where you started, right?

unclehobart said:
So.. how far along is the lawsuit for malpractice?

We tried to sui.....so happens the "original" xrays of his foot taken seem to be missing off the face of the earth!!! after 2 or 3 years -I forget-there is a bar, banning you from malpractise suits, it went on and on but we could not sui the doc, after hiring a shitty lawyer, here come to find out we should have been going after the radiologist...needless to say, always ....always.....get a second opinion before you let anyone cut into you! :alienhuh:

SouthernN'Proud said:
Well, damn. :mope:

The first doc, dermatologist to check for problematic moles etc went great.

Then came the oncologist.

My latest scan showed "something". I hate that word. It's in the lower left region of the abdomen just above the groin. He poked and prodded and rubbed and squeezed, and said he wasn't terribly concerned about it...probably nothing.

I've heard that before.

Another scan in three months, "just to make sure". Which means another day and a half to two days of unearthly pain afterward from the barium agitating my pancreas.

Oh, and he wasn't done spreading sunshine. I asked about the abdominal pain. His reply was less than what I hoped for. Apparently, the pseudocyst I was informed I had a year ago...the one they damn near had to reconstruct my pancreas to resolve...the one I was told was gone...isn't. It's "significantly diminshed", but can flare up.

No shit Marcus Welby.

No treatment for it either. Might stick around six month, might stick around six years, might be here forever. Short of doing the pancreatic reconstruction, there just ain't nothin' they can do with it. So I get to endure this for who knows how long.

I'm gaining weight too. Still 30 pounds lighter than I was when all this started, but it's coming back nonetheless. Doc suggested I excercise more. I suggested he do something to make that possible and bearable. We left without punching one another, more a Herculean effort on my part than his most likely.

K, that's it. Gonna go stick my head in the oven. Later y'all.

Take it one day at a time, SN'P. You will make it through all this. If you need to yell, you know I'll listen. (((HUGS)))

gods I hate stuff like this.... there've been strange spots on my chest for a long while now (about five years) that have kinda slowly spread, but there's nothing strange about them... silly little hairs still grow there and stuff, they're just a little darker and tend to be more dry than the rest of my skin... all this talk makes me nervous now though.... :confused:

Some of these doctors don't really care about the welfare of their patients but about the money they can get out of them. It's disgusting!

Uki Chick said:
Some of these doctors don't really care about the welfare of their patients but about the money they can get out of them. It's disgusting!

True enough, my mom was mis-diagnosed a few times before she died.... In the end they might have all been right, they just didn't want to spend the time finding the rest when they could be spending her money instead. (she died of about 5 different cancers, still no one knows where it started at)

Back