Get Perpendicular?

Gonna have to give me a little more info before I download. Thanks.

PT said:
Gonna have to give me a little more info before I download. Thanks.

Hitachi has a new technology for hard disks, and this little 'cartoon' describes it.

The cartoon is cutesy...but what about the sceince behind it?

Without the downloaded exe

Hitachi achieves industry-leading areal densities via Perpendicular Recording In March 2005, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies demonstrated an areal density of 230 gigabits per square inch (Gb/in2) on perpendicular recording technology, the highest areal density achieved to date based on vertical recording. This accomplishment represents a doubling of today’s highest data densities on longitudinal recording technology. At the current rate of growth, Hitachi expects to see products shipping at 230 Gb/in2 in 2007, translating into storage capacities of up to 20 gigabytes* on Hitachi’s one-inch Microdrive and up to one terabyte on the Hitachi 3.5-inch Deskstar hard drive.
Source - still laughing?

MrBishop said:
The cartoon is cutesy...but what about the sceince behind it?

still laughing?

It's a Hitachi (IBM) DeathStar, Bish. Yes, I'm still laughing. 10x bigger data losses.

"conjunction junction",by far.Never really had a use for the "just a Bill" song ,but "conjunction junction" helped a few times in English class. :D

A.B.Normal said:
"conjunction junction",by far.Never really had a use for the "just a Bill" song ,but "conjunction junction" helped a few times in English class. :D
s'funny how much American television affects us, eh?

I still remember watching 'Spiderman' shorts on the same show. Remember the 'netting' that was thrown from off-screen at his opponents? :rofl:

The TV program "the electric company"?
or the intrepid men and wimen that provide you electromotive force
to keep yer lights on and move the electrons around in your CPU
to bring you all the wunders
of the World Wide Web that Algore invented?

Fergit aboot boring 133 Gigabit HD platters
Hard drives quit being neat after the Five Megabyte Winchester drive.

That Site has some mega-cool stuffs on it.

Who can argue that the Sandia Z gun isn't AWESOME?

Back