Gimme yer fried chicken recipes!

Winky

I'm becoming desperate here.
Chicken
(which the Wifey likes she donna like red meat)
is becoming SO boring!!!!

tonksy

Chicken is such a blank canvas. You can do anything with it. Are you guys good at sauce making?

unclehobart

Will the wifelet eat ham? There are about 50 decent meals that have chicken wrapped in thin layers parma or prosciutto or bacon.

Have you guys ever made motzah ball soup? ...simple chicken noodle soup?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I get sick of chicken too. Yeah, there's tons of stuff you can do to/with it to spice it up a bit but it's still bland-ass chicken. Still, between the various Chinese sauces, Buffalo sauces, BBQ sauces, cheeses, tomato based products, and on and on you can get some variety.

Winky

Well I feel better now.
Nine out of ten fourm posters agree

chicken is some bland ass shit!

screw this I ain't eatin' no more chicken (for now)
she can damn well go hungry, Mmmm Pot Roast.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Well I feel better now.
Nine out of ten fourm posters agree

chicken is some bland ass shit!

screw this I ain't eatin' no more chicken (for now)
she can damn well go hungry, Mmmm Pot Roast.

:bgtup:

[Sam Elliott]Beef. It's what's for dinner.[/Sam Elliott]

Seriously, if you really want 'em, I have maybe 10-12 chicken recipes. I guess I could type a few of 'em in if you want them.

For fried chicken, the secret is lowering the heat and keeping it from drying out while getting all the bacteria cooked out. Chickens are some nasty critters inside.

I always beat a few eggs and coat the chicken in that, then put it in a Ziplock bag with whatever I'm coating it with. For simple fried chicken, I just use flour and a little corn meal. Others use corn flakes, bread crumbs, damn near anything. Have your skillet hot when you put the chicken in, and cover it. Again, keeps it from drying out. When the pink is cooked out, it's as done as it's going to get. No need to incinerate it. Turn it over once when the coating looks like you want it to, and remove the lid for the last minute or two. But cook it slowly. Medium low heat at most.

Zesty Italian dressing makes a damnfine marinade for grilled chicken too. Just poke it with a fork, pour the dressing on, and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Turn it over and baste it once every few hours. Then just throw it on a grill and don't overcook it. I hear Russian/Catalina dressing is good for grilling too, but I hate that shit so I don't know.

TexasRaceLady

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, cut into thin strips
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
4 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
1 can chicken broth
salt & pepper to taste
juice of 1/2 lemon
12 ripe olives, chopped
1 19oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)

Heat oil in a large skillet and saute tomatoes, garlic, and onion until onion is tender. Push mixture to one side of skillet. Add the chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side. Add broth and simmer 15-20 minutes beofre adding salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olives. Simmer until chicken is tender.

Pour tomato mixture over warmed garbanzo beans when served.

TexasRaceLady

2 chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4 to 1/2 inch in thickness
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup fresh or bottled lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons sliced almonds

Place chicken breasts in a flat, shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, onion, sugar, Worchestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper to make a marinade. Pour over chicken, turning chicken to make sure marinade coats both sides, and cover. Refrigerate about 1 hour.

Place chicken on a lightly greased broiler pan. Brush chicken with additional marinade. Broil about 3-5 minutes on each side --- or until white in the center. Sprinkle with almonds about 1 minute before chicken is done to toast almonds.

TexasRaceLady

A little taste of India

1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
4 chicken breasts, with skin
yogurt, plain

Make a paste of the spices, lemon juice, garlic, and flour. Lift the skins of the chicken breasts and spread about a teaspoon of the paste between the skin and the meat. Chicken can be grilled, broiled, or baked.

If grilling or broiling, place about 6 inches from the heat. Turn often. Takes about 30 minutes.

If baking, place in a baking dish and cover. Bake at 350 until tender --- about 45 minutes. spoon cold yogurt over chicken when served.

Serve with rice ---
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup uncooked rice
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup water
1 can chicken broth

You can either make the rice in the oven, but I prefer slow-cooking on top of the stove.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Just grill it, and make sure you use real wood chips to smoke it with. Hell...cover it in spices, too. You can make chicken taste great if you're willing to take a chance with some spices you've never used...If you're bird is bland its because you didn't experiment enough.