Giving women everywhere a bad name...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
LOS ANGELES — The estranged wife of singer Lionel Richie (search) wants $300,000 a month in child and spousal support, saying she had "no limit on what I could spend" during their nearly seven years of marriage.

The couple had "an extraordinary extravagant lifestyle," Diane Alexander Richie (search) said in an income declaration filed along with her support request in Superior Court.

Richie's attorney didn't immediately return a call for comment.

The singer "has never had a problem earning money. I know that he earns in excess of $300,000 per month because we have always comfortably spent at least that in any given month," Diane Richie said in the papers.

She cited the upkeep for their $40 million, 30-room Beverly Hills mansion, which the estranged couple still shares. That includes a $75,000 monthly mortgage and wages for a full-time staff of nine and additional people to "maintain our plants, detail our cars, care for our pool, groom our dog, maintain our aquarium and a painter for regular touch ups on the house," Diane. Richie said.

Diane Richie estimated that she spent $20,000 a year on plastic surgery and $50,000 a month on personal expenses, including $15,000 a month for clothing, shoes and accessories; $5,000 on jewelry; $3,000 on dermatology; $1,000 for laser hair removal and $600 on massages.

"We could comfortably afford to spend unlimited sums of money on everything and anything we chose. I had no limit on what I could spend," she wrote in the Feb. 26 filing.

The couple spent at least $1,000 a month for birthday presents when their 5-year-old daughter, Sofia, attended her friends' parties. They also donated $2,000 to $3,000 a month to charity and to their children's schools, Diane Richie stated.

The Colorado boarding school for their 9-year-old son, Miles, cost $125,000 a year. Their daughter's tuition was $15,000 a year.

Diane Richie, a former waitress, dancer and clothing designer, says she met the singer in 1984 while he was married to his first wife, Brenda, and they married in 1996. She filed for separation in October and divorce in January, citing irreconcilable differences.

Irreconcilable differences is a bullshit reason to get a divorce...especially after soaking the man for all that money.

Source :grumpy:

she really needs a smack upside the head. I read the whole thing on the smoking gun...absolutely asinine.

If he got busted with another woman, then I'd say that she deserves that kind of money...but she won't even leave his house. What a crock.

As an addendum, I'm sure that he'll take care of his children, but her ass needs to get a job and a reality check. She went from waitress to millionaires wife, and now she wants more. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, how much do you want to bet she gets at least 3/4 of what she's asking...

Hell, if the woman was brave enough to have sex with Lionel Richie.......I say give her as much as she can carry ;)

I'm with Oz.... hell, if I had the money I'd pay him, just so I'd never have to hear his music again...

how much do you think it would take to convince him to retire in silence? :D

Ms Ann Thrope said:
how much do you think it would take to convince him to retire in silence? :D

Hmm, dunno.......but I'm more than willing to rob a coupla banks to help raise the funds! :evilcool:

How could he afford this up to now? Hasn't the man been out of the music scene for a while? How many royalty checks are coming his way to keep up this lifestyle even up to now?

"Goodbye"
by Lionel Richie

I wanted you for life
you and me
in the wind
I never thought there come a time
that our story would end
its hard to understand
but I guess i'll have to try
its not easy
to say goodbye .....

For all the joy we shared
all that time we had to spend
now if I had one wish
I'd want forever back again
to look into your eyes
and hold you when you cry
its not easy
to say goodbye......

I can remember all those great times we had
There were so many memories, some good some bad
yes and through it all
those memories will last
forever .....

Theres peace in where you are
may be all I need to know
and if I listen to my heart
i'll hear your laughter once more
and so I got to say
i'm just glad you came my way
its not easy to say
goodbye.....

On the topic of heads...no wait, *mutters to self*

On the topic of Lionel Ritchie, that man has the strangest shaped head. And large, an overly large head for his body. All in all, his cranium is disturbing really. I'd pay 300k a month not to wake up to that head every morning...

...and please make those monthly checks for $300,000 payable to Aaron Crutchfield. :D

Hell, even if it's Canadian dollars it wouldn't be a problem.

Inkara1 said:
...and please make those monthly checks for $300,000 payable to Aaron Crutchfield. :D

Hell, even if it's Canadian dollars it wouldn't be a problem.

Let's see...How much is that in US dollars...*running calculator*...78 cents. :grinyes: No wonder Canadians hate us so much. :D

Camelyn said:

On the topic of Lionel Ritchie, that man has the strangest shaped head. And large, an overly large head for his body. All in all, his cranium is disturbing really. I'd pay 300k a month not to wake up to that head every morning...

Maybe it was his other head that got her interested...:D

Camelyn said:

I've been lookin' for a new employment opportunity :)

*sharpens his axe*

inky said:
...and please make those monthly checks for $300,000 payable to Aaron Crutchfield

I surely will! Really. Oh look! Is that a pig flying? :D

Gato said:
Maybe it was his other head that got her interested...

um...ewwwww! Icky pictures in head. Quick, put on Evil Dead! I need violence and blood-letting to wash my mind clean!

Oz said:
I've been lookin' for a new employment opportunity

Um...money is a little tight. I can offer you my undying gratitude, some coupons to Burger King *searches through pocket lint* and some Canadian Tire money. Oh! Found a buck! :D

Back