Goats!

Aunty Em said:
My daughter freaks out over flies, moths, bees, wasps, and butterflies....
See... now THAT I can understand.

Those things are so small, and the fly so fast...*Shudder* there's no telling what their intentions are... they're evil I tell you, EVIL!!!
*foams at mouth*

Professur said:
Is it just me, or does that thing have a monster set of pills?

Just proves that he is definitely a boer (and I reckon the joke will probably be lost on anyone but Vortex).

Hehe - boerewors is baas ;)

It's a reference to the Curse of the Goat... the supposed reason why the Chicago Cubs baseball team has sucked since 1945 and hasn't been to the World Series in all that time.

A bartender bought a World Series ticket for his pet goat when the Cubs were playing in the series in 1945. Security wouldn't let the goat into the stadium. The bartender then put a curse on the team, that it would never win another World Series.

Sharky - If ya find yerself with an excess of milk, it might be worth trying to flog it to the local hospitals.........my uncle makes a good bit o' cash selling the stuff to them (apparently goats milk is the closest, easily available, milk for new born babys........'cept the human stuff o' course).

Oz said:
Sharky - If ya find yerself with an excess of milk, it might be worth trying to flog it to the local hospitals.........my uncle makes a good bit o' cash selling the stuff to them (apparently goats milk is the closest, easily available, milk for new born babys........'cept the human stuff o' course).
strange...they taste nothing alike...

Oz said:

Now why would there ever be a shortage of breast milk? Since half the population have breasts. Do people donate their breast milk like they donate blood? I want to volunteer there. "Here squeeze this ball while I milk you." :D

Thulsa Doom said:
Now why would there ever be a shortage of breast milk? Since half the population have breasts. Do people donate their breast milk like they donate blood? I want to volunteer there. "Here squeeze this ball while I milk you." :D
because women only make milk after they have a child. it is based on the supply and demand basis...if there is no demand, then there will be no supply...besides hardly anyone breastfeeds anymore....

Thulsa Doom said:

Because a lotta poor lasses still pop their clogs during childbirth......and the dried replacement milk isn't an ideal stater food for a newborn......apparently goats milk is the best option.

It's not unusuall for an ambulance to turn up at my uncles place....just to pick up milk.

Oz said:

Good idea - I'll check with the local hospital. There are so many goat farms around here they probably already have enough to fill a swimming pool, tho . . .

All this goat talk made me hungry. Anybody up for a roast?

kipursis_goat_roast.jpg

Goat update:

One went missing and is still unaccounted for. :(

I traded two of them for six rolls of bahia hay.

One dozen left. Fat and sassy.

I CANNOT EAT THEM. They have all been named. After CARTOON CHARACTERS.

Never name your edible farm critters.

Damn... "hey mum what's for dinner?"

"Roast fluffy with roast and mash potatoes, a medley of spring vegatables and gravy..."

:eh:

Back