Gomery Commission Findings

MrBishop

Just released... this is regarding the Liberal sponsorship Scandal. I'm posting the links for the Canadian members of OTC...just in case.

Reports

Haven't read the findings yet..it's 100 pages for the 'readers digest' version and over 1600 pages for the full version. The radio seems to be saying that it leaves Paul Martin off the hook, but places the blame squarely on Chrétien's shoulders and those of his allies.

Corrupt political war machine? I thought that was automatic. The only problem I see is a lack of political skill in avoiding getting caught.

Leslie said:
What a waste of time and money.

As are most of the 'special prosecutor' investigations in any country. They only find what they are allowed to find, unless the perpetrator owns up to their misdeed...

deliberate actions to avoid compliance with federal legislation and
policies, including the Canada Elections Act, Lobbyists Registration Act,
the Access to Information Act and Financial Administration Act, as well
as federal contracting policy and the Treasury Board Transfer
Payments Policy;

from page 6 (2 of 4)

Gato_Solo said:
As are most of the 'special prosecutor' investigations in any country.
Actually...Judge Gomery was given access to many things which would never have been the case anywhere else. The current PM has stated time and again that the depth of such access is unprecedented. Frankly, he went all the way to the PMO and called the former PM and the current PM to stand before him. Impressive! Almost as impressive as the number of paper-shredder motors that Paul Martin must've burnt out before calling in the RCMP and the Gomery commission. :D

I like this quote. "I will in no way be influenced by political considerations, and I will not tolerate any attempt by anyone to interfere with the work of the Commission, for political or other reasons."

MrBishop said:
I like this quote. "I will in no way be influenced by political considerations, and I will not tolerate any attempt by anyone to interfere with the work of the Commission, for political or other reasons."

:shrug: He said that to appear neutral, but, in reality, nobody is a true neutral. Same type of thing was said during the Watergate scandal here in the US...

Back