Gone Postal!

Gonz said:
Is this gonna be your route or is it for training purposes only?

Well, there is a regular lady , so I will be her temp. , and like i said, i have to learn three other routes to back them up to. They told me not to worry though, it will most likely be that i will be working 6 days a week in no time. They are very short help. You cannot have a regular route till you are a RCA (rural carrier associate), I am only a TRC (temporary rural carrier) for now. My test to become a RCA is tuesday morning 7:30 am in Ft. Myers. then they place you on a waiting list till your name comes up, which i heard could take up to 3 months. They give you 6 days off to make the switch up in tallahassee, and then your pay rate increases. If a regular route comes up i can bid on it but its goes by seniority.

*Although, i can bid on an axillary route, when someones route is to big and they split it up, and that will make me a regular faster. keeping my fingers crossed.

Ok all, check this out.........they gave me the next 6 days off so they can send my pay rate change to tallahassee.........I am now going to be making $16.45 hr. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! I am so estatic I could *piss2* . LOL

When I think of the months of training and seminars I had to attend to (finally) make that ......:mad:

Congrats on the raise Mare :)

When I think of the months of training and seminars I had to attend to (finally) make that ......:mad:

Is that too much?
It is like 33,000 a year considering she works 40-hours per week. I thought incomes were higher than that in the 1st world :shrug:

$33k is a decent middle income (provides all the necessities plus all the typical extras plus a little for savings)

The average tech income has dropped by about $15k a year a a consequence of schools and welfare churning out thousands upon thousands of half trained, fully certified wannabees and flooding the market, combined with idiot-friendly computer operation.

Congrats on the raise Mare :)
Thanks Lius

Is that too much?
It is like 33,000 a year considering she works 40-hours per week. I thought incomes were higher than that in the 1st world :shrug:

Actually, im not even working 40 hrs. a wk right now , lucky im doing 18. Im a temp and fill in for regulars.

Actually, im not even working 40 hrs. a wk right now , lucky im doing 18. Im a temp and fill in for regulars.

The better, you get a nice pay and don't even have to work full time. :D

I have a class that pays me around USD$20 per hour, but I only have 3 hours per week. It is still a good $300 a month for a small amount of time.

Back