Goodnight...

What happened to teaching your kids? Did the parent teacher conferences go ok? :retard:

That would be kind of cool, parent teacher conference every day. Hmmmm. Now to get my wife to let me stay home and do it.

So Ards ... do you need some kind of certification for home schooling ... and do you have to follow DOE standards ... and do your kids get to socialize with other kids?

kuulani said:
So Ards ... do you need some kind of certification for home schooling ... and do you have to follow DOE standards ... and do your kids get to socialize with other kids?

Yeah, you have to be certifiable... :p

Actually, in FL you don't have to have certification or even a college degree. Once per year you have to get the child evaluated by someone who is certified. The standards for the evaluation are pretty loose. The child has to just show progress commensurate with their ability.

As far as socializing with other children, they have me... :p and they get occasional interaction with their nieces and nephews, children of friends of the family, etc. One of the benefits of homeschooling, though, is getting them away from other children. If I can prevent them from being immersed in the Britney Spears/Back Street Boyz/hip-hop/gangsta rap/designer label/nymphette/playstation/my-clique's-better-than-your-clique culture, I think that will be a good thing.

Going to bed... Janimal worked me too hard again, and I'm about to pass out at the computer. :yawn:

G'night!

:sleep:

If I can prevent them from being immersed in the Britney Spears/Back Street Boyz/hip-hop/gangsta rap/designer label/nymphette/playstation/my-clique's-better-than-your-clique culture, I think that will be a good thing.

I thought that was endemic in kids. :(

Goodnight Johnboy. :p

Back