Google "Instant" ...

MrBishop

...just add water.
The search giant launched Google Instant last night, which reveals the results right on the homepage as you type. It will save searchers two to five seconds per every query, says the firm.

Instant is available today, but only to users with Google accounts and who are signed in to them.

If every Google searcher used it, it would save more than 11 hours per SECOND.

Google said: "Our goal is to make finding information faster, and every second counts.

"We learned with Google Suggest that dynamically predicting what people search for reduces the time it takes to enter a typical query by 50 per cent.

"We've known for a long time that if we could predict queries, we could also predict results, but we faced a number of design and technical challenges before we could make this a reality.

"With Google Instant, you don't even need to finish typing or hit the enter key to search."

Google now completes more than one billion searches each day.

Faster searches. I'd prefer more accurate searches, but that's just me.

catocom

every time, it seems, that they try to change the good old standard Google,
they screw it up.

I don't like the fade-in menus either.

It used to be a small fast loading page, but now...

Professur

It's a nice idea, except that it doesn't work worth shit. I was doing a search for the manual for a CMC Pairchek. Damn thing kept insisting on changing it to Paircheck ... which is something totally other.

Altron

It's a nice idea, except that it doesn't work worth shit. I was doing a search for the manual for a CMC Pairchek. Damn thing kept insisting on changing it to Paircheck ... which is something totally other.

That's nothing new with "Instant", the old search would do that too... it comes up:

Showing results for cmc paircheck. Search instead for cmc pairchek

Then you have to hit it. It's annoying, but I guess most people are stupid. Kinda like how MS word will constantly change spelling and capitalization, and then you erase it and re-type it and it does it again and again until you find some bootleg way to copy-paste it in.