Got a new job!

Well, maybe they breed 'em dumber down there. Up here, the only wireless connections I've ever installed are access points for handheld barcode scanners. And their access to the network is severely limited.

Professur said:
Well, maybe they breed 'em dumber down there. Up here, the only wireless connections I've ever installed are access points for handheld barcode scanners. And their access to the network is severely limited.

Must be.....tell ya what. I'll fire up my laptop and leave it running between here and my school (20 mins away) while I drive to work. I'll post back what the results are. 90% of the unencrypted networks I've found have been completely accessable. DHCP and all.

agreed, and even WEP'd networks are breakable if you've got time and opportunity, like an office you can leave a laptop running in constantly for a day or two, then it's just a matter of figuring out addressing and spoofing some MACs, if even that.

http://www.bitchfast.com/jeff/pshop/drive.jpg

The last (top) 11 were on campus.

17 of the 35 total were without encryption. Now I know how our campus sets up wireless, and the two College of Edu are nearly inaccessable. The rest....well, without attempting to connect to each one (legal issues here), I can't tell. However, judging from them being default names, I'd say the unit was plugged in and left alone. :)

I feel it is important to note that the last time I took this drive antenna-less I got nine networks total. I was not using an antenna today and it was snowing (considerable signal loss). Last time I drove this route with an antenna I got 25. I should redrive this with an antenna tomorrow...supposed to be better weather.

Look, if you get a full time job that means you start paying taxes & realizing that most of that money is given to poor, uneducated slobs with 45 children (using 36 men) and have addictions to crack. Then, one day you'll wake up & think like the rest of us brainless robots & demand a tax cut.

Quit while you're safe :D

congrats

Back