Got my Xmas present, Kinda.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
So we went to Best Buy last night, bought a Western Digital 120 Gb hard drive, 7200 Rpm, 8 Mb Cache.

So, now it's just sitting there, wrapped up, under the tree, waiting for Xmas. Anyone got any pointers for unwrapping/rewrapping?

open it with a slighty damp hot towel...steam keeps the wrapping paper from sticking...i'd install it and put my old one back in the box so you can give everyone a good show christmas morning....or you could just wait patiently like a good little boy!
:swing:

tonks said:
open it with a slighty damp hot towel...steam keeps the wrapping paper from sticking...i'd install it and put my old one back in the box so you can give everyone a good show christmas morning....or you could just wait patiently like a good little boy!
:swing:

I really thought about that one, but, the old one is a Maxtor, new one is WD, the wife isn't tech savvy, but she ain't stupid either.

unwrap it, put blank mailing labels over the old hdd label, and rewrap it. If necesary, wrap it with any paper you can find, if she notices the different paper, tell her she must be nuts, or blame the kids.

Ok, I went with Plan C. I bought her a ring, and told her she couldn't have it til Xmas, unless of course she wanted to let me open one of my presents early too. :D However, I have just realized that I basically just spent about $800 on a hard drive. :eh:

A diamond, Marquis diamond with bagettes on the band. Probably classifies more as a wedding ring, but it's just for her to wear. She's already got the wedding ring.

Inkara1 said:
Considering how many brownie points you just scored, $800 seems like a real bargain.
Yep....now's the time to educate her on your need for another 120 drive....and a raid card......hell, maybe two more 120s....

Oh PT, I am sure you'll be getting WAY more than just the harddrive for your $800 :D ;)

PuterTutor said:
Ok, I went with Plan C. I bought her a ring, and told her she couldn't have it til Xmas, unless of course she wanted to let me open one of my presents early too. :D However, I have just realized that I basically just spent about $800 on a hard drive. :eh:

It's amazing how good some ideas seem until you look more closely. :D

Tonks, no way sweets. there is no better woman than one that would ask for computer hardware....:)
and PT i think with that ring your wife may just be asking you for a hard drive. :p it wont be for the computer either.

Back