goth... OOH

Thulsa Doom said:
hell if a teenage girl all dolled up in fishnet came up to me randomly Id figure it was my lucky day. :D Whats to be scared of?

If she's 15? About 20 years in a 10X10 space with a guy named Bubba.

TD i have seen girls in fishnets i wouldnt want to touch. both cause they ugly as hell or slutty as all hell.

Links didn't work, so I took them out.

My idea of metal goth is what's in QotD. If that's what you consider industrial goth, then, um, yeah :)

yesterday this thread had me thinking of when i was younger.
i thought that wearing a NIN (omg, the gothest music ever!!!11!!1!...*)shirt, and a black skirt and some eyeliner automatically made me Miss Goth of the World.
lol.
that was ages 11-til-not too long ago.
now i mix it up a lot.
yesterday, i was Preppy-Goth!! impossible, you say?? NOT SO!! cos i did it!
hmmm... tomorrow maybe i'll be more punkish. with a girly twist. that sounds fun :)

*i still, and probably always will, love NIN...

P.S:
ralphie, my mom calls those boots "stegasaurus boots" cos of the way the buckle-y bits stick out, much like the plates on a stegasaurus!!

ash r said:
yesterday this thread had me thinking of when i was younger.
i thought that wearing a NIN (omg, the gothest music ever!!!11!!1!...*)shirt, and a black skirt and some eyeliner automatically made me Miss Goth of the World.
lol.
that was ages 11-til-not too long ago.
now i mix it up a lot.
yesterday, i was Preppy-Goth!! impossible, you say?? NOT SO!! cos i did it!
hmmm... tomorrow maybe i'll be more punkish. with a girly twist. that sounds fun :)

*i still, and probably always will, love NIN...

i hated the Fragile. I like their older stuff. and i know bands far more goth than NIN. try Switchblade Symphony, trance to the sun, Bahaus, Depeche Mode,Rosetta Stone

i agree, NIN's older stuff was better than The Fragile, my personal favorite always, always, always being The Downward Spiral
i love Depeche Mode!
i've got a few switchblade symphony songs, too.
are the Cruxshadows goth? my friends have been getting me into them. and Lacuna Coil seems kind of goth, too.

i dont really care for Cruxshadows but yes. Lacuna COil ois more metal. i am fond of Christian Death tho

ralphie said:
meh...

on the whole "clothing" issue

I wear what I do because it allows me to express myself, depending on how I wear it, to some extent, and I love it...

especially the boots.

they kick bum.

and, ash, I love the romantic goth look as well.

Sorry dear I must have missed this the first time I read it. You rock because you like the romantic look :)

freako104 said:
what were the links you wanted to use?

They were to a Geocities site, and Geocities is being a bitch lately. I can't link to anything on these boards from Geocities because of bandwidth. Bastards.

freako104 said:
TD i have seen girls in fishnets i wouldnt want to touch. both cause they ugly as hell or slutty as all hell.

are you calling ralphie an ugly slut?? and anyway i have a rule if you catch a girl in a fish net you gotta throw her back and use a hook because the fight is better and they are attracted to blood anyway. ;)

seriously though Ive always found gothic looking chicks highly attractive. Not sure why. Probably some experiences I had when I was younger...

no i didnt say all. not even most but I have known some. and some(read not all or even most) can be VERY stuck up. i find some attractive(esp my ex and some others that I have known) but for some reason I have been liking more the cherry cheerleader types. and some sorority girls who have been cool. and some of us like the blood thing ;)

fishnets aren't always trashy.......
V231495.jpg

I personally think t hat Goth or Punk is a self given definition. I also think that people should not approach other people in order to explain why they think they are better, or that the other person is not at thier standards. But thats just me.

Back