Grammar? What's that?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I got this from my Member of Parliament today. Printed beautifully on lovely, heavy stock paper, no less.

As the Member of Parliament for Barrie, I feel that it is important to keep the community informed on what our new government and my office are doing.

I also encourage feedback from the community to make sure that I am accurately representing its your views and am able to deliver results for Barrie.

If you would like to be added to my frequent newsletter, which will update you on the progress and accomplishments of our government. Please fill out this card and return it to the address marked on the other side. No Postage is required.

I filled the address form out, circled the errors, and then wrote at the bottom that I also volunteer for the position of Proofreader. :lloyd:

I'd have thought as MP he'd have wanted to do better than this.

Ugh....for heaven's sake! If they aren't gifted grammatically they could have at least typed the damn thing in Microsoft office and let the paper clip tell them where they went wrong.

I feel your pain. That stuff drives me crackers. I especially hate it when the letter/form in question comes from the school.

Highway...it's okay to not be the bestest at that sort of thing...so long as you aren't taking it upon yourself to be the one mailing out correspondence or writing up letters from a school.

Can someone enlighten me?

On the second paragraph: "its your" and "am".
On the third he put a . instead of a , right before "Please fill out" :shrug:

As the Member of Parliament for Barrie, I feel that it is important to keep the community informed on what our new government and my office are doing.

If this sentence is to be correct than you either need to have it read this way:
As the Member of Parliament for Barrie, I feel that it is important to keep the community informed on what my office and our new government are doing.

or this way:

As the Member of Parliament for Barrie, I feel that it is important to keep the community informed on what our new government and my office is doing.

It probably should be "what both my office and our new government are doing".

Another part that struck me was the newsletter bit. I don't really want to be added to his newsletter. It might hurt. I wouldn't mind having my name added to his mailing list, however.

It probably should be "what both my office and our new government are doing.

Another part that struck me was the newsletter bit. I don't really want to be added to his newsletter. It might hurt. I wouldn't mind having my name added to his mailing list, however.

Yeah...that sounds even better.

If a 3D object is added to the newsletter, do they use tape or staples?

My changes in red:

As the member of Parliament for Barrie, I feel that it is important to keep the community informed on what our new government, and my office, is doing.

I also encourage feedback from the community to make sure that I am accurately representing your views and can deliver results for Barrie.

If you would like to be added to the mailing list for my frequent newsletter, which will update you on the progress and accomplishments of our government, please fill out the attached card and return it to the address marked on the other side. No postage is required.

Back