Greg Maddux

Stop Laughing

Just an FYI, he's likely to hit the 3000 strikeout mark Tuesday night on WGN (6 PM Eastern), he's sitting at 2998 right now. A little trivia: after he hits 3000 Ks, he'll be only the second pitcher to have more than 3000 strikeouts, 300 wins and fewer than 1000 walks. Who is the other pitcher to do all 3 of those?

Inkara1

I can tell you right now it's not Ryan, and I don't think Clemens is under the 1000-BB threshold either... I'm guessing Koufax.

A.B.Normal

Stop Laughing said:
Who is the other pitcher to do all 3 of those?

kool_aid.jpg

Well he's a pitcher ain't he. :lloyd:

unclehobart

Stop Laughing said:
Just an FYI, he's likely to hit the 3000 strikeout mark Tuesday night on WGN (6 PM Eastern), he's sitting at 2998 right now. A little trivia: after he hits 3000 Ks, he'll be only the second pitcher to have more than 3000 strikeouts, 300 wins and fewer than 1000 walks. Who is the other pitcher to do all 3 of those?
Some Cubby named Ferguson Jenkins

unclehobart

Ty Cobb is in the top 3 and he always sharpend his spikes and did every dirty trick in the book. Baseball wasn't a game to him... it was a war. If he can get a clean pass and be beloved...

unclehobart

grr.. I googled the stats and thats who popped up. Shoulda cross confirmed with another source. The search goes on.

unclehobart

Roger Clemens had sub 1000 walks when he hit his 3000 strikeout milestone... but hes far exceeded it now.

Perhaps SL was just looking for the snapshot moment in time.

Stop Laughing

Oops, messed up the question, no one really has done all 3. I shouldn't have added the 300 wins part as Fergie didn't make it. :eek: He's in a class by himself then. BTW, he's not even to 900 walks yet (only 8 away though, he'll probably pass it).

Stop Laughing

I meant Maddux is 8 away from 900 walks. He might not even make it this year with the way he can pitch. :D Raining long and hard tonight, gonna be delayed at least an hour and a half, but we really need the rain, we are getting more tonight then we've gotten since May 19th.