Group fights against the concept of self-defense

highwayman

Is this really necessary?

If the laws were written in favor of self defense instead of prosecuting the lawful these type of actions would not be happening..

Anybody in my house without permission will be looking at the business end of a 12 guage...

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Sep-05-Tue-2006/opinion/9342433.html
Ronald Dixon, now 31, is a Jamaican immigrant and father of two who served in the U.S. Navy from 1994 to 1997 in "weapons ordnance" and now holds down two computer-related jobs. On Dec. 14, 2002, Dixon caught an intruder rifling through drawers in his son's room in his home in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Mr. Dixon fired two shots from his 9 mm pistol, wounding the suspected burglar in the chest and groin, The New York Post reported.

The burglar turned out to be a career criminal with a 14-page rap sheet. He'd been arrested 19 times and been convicted of criminal trespass, burglary and attempted assault. Still, authorities charged Mr. Dixon with illegal possession of a firearm when they discovered his legally purchased gun was not registered in New York. (He had tried to register it, without success.) He served time in the same jail as his attacker.

The burglar turned out to be a career criminal with a 14-page rap sheet. He'd been arrested 19 times and been convicted of criminal trespass, burglary and attempted assault.

I'd almost call Dixon a hero. If he had killed the guy then it'd be official.

Gun registration serves only one purpose. A bad one.

Handguns have always been illegal in NYC. They prosecute every time regardless of the justification so that there will never be a loophole for vigilantism.... regardless of how deperate there is a need for it.

From the last I heard it takes over a year to get a conceiled and carry permit for the state of New York...

I have called that area the devils triangle for a multitude of reasons and that is one of them, along with the way they drive...

Heard about the driving in Rio, never been there...

The wildest ride I had was in Thailand in a cab..What made it worse is that they drive on the left...

From the last I heard it takes over a year to get a conceiled and carry permit for the state of New York...

If I understand correctly, it doesn't matter how long it takes...if you aren't a cop or a criminal they are NEVER legal in the city.

Anybody in my house without permission will be looking at the business end of a 12 guage...

What kind of shotgun do you own?

:hmm: :laugh:

And yet some still try reason....

Anybody I catch in my home without my permission won't be staring at a damn thing. They'll be talking to their maker. I've said it repeatedly, and I mean it: I own a 12 guage, 3 1/2 acres, a flashlight, and a shovel, and I ain't afraid to use any of 'em.

:hmm: :laugh:

Anybody I catch in my home without my permission won't be staring at a damn thing. They'll be talking to their maker. I've said it repeatedly, and I mean it: I own a 12 guage, 3 1/2 acres, a flashlight, and a shovel, and I ain't afraid to use any of 'em.

Gotcha beat, SN'P. To make it easier, I'll just use the backhoe. hehehe

If the laws were written in favor of self defense instead of prosecuting the lawful these type of actions would not be happening..

This guy didn't get busted for being lawful or his self defense actions. It was because the gun wasn't registered.

It was within the greater NYC area. I don't think registering is even possible.

Charging someone with failing to register an illegal gun is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. It's the same thing as charging drug dealers with tax evasion for not collecting their illegal crack tax.

Back