Guarding the borders is bad

freako104

A.B.Normal said:
Seems more like a Jerry Springer/Howard Stern/Rush Limbaugh all rolled into one, that is craving attention and would stir something up even if the teachers were helping him.This isn't the first instance of showboating and won't be the last ,after all he wants his own radioshow and we know there is no such thing as bad publicity.

it does but that doesnt justify him beating assaulted

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
says he has been called a racist and a Nazi for his views.

Squiggy said:
If you're so proud of acting like a nazi, don't cry when you're called one...:shrug:

Jesus H Christ, even our own adults are calling him a fucking nazi :rolleyes:

MrB, Fox News was my source

freako104

no it is not. it shows disrespect although he can say that they werent doing their jobs. but not traitors. there is a world of a difference there.

A.B.Normal

freako104 said:
no it is not. it shows disrespect although he can say that they werent doing their jobs. but not traitors. there is a world of a difference there.
So what we have is :
a)Students blocking his way,and a teacher telling him to use the backdoor to avoid them (I don't see this as threatening or neglectful on the teachers part)

b)Teacher calling him a Nazi after he called the Teachers traitors and accused them of a Liberal Conspiracy.(Tit for Tat ,although the teacher should have known better)

c)One boy said he was going to "find someone" to beat up Tim. (I mean really ,who didn't say there friend would beat someone up for them in highschool)

d) Earlier, he said he was eating lunch in a classroom when about seven Hispanic students surrounded him.(and then what?? If they said or did anything to Tim this info would have been added ,it wasn't so nothing must have happened?)

Tim seems to be a bright boy(he started the Conservative Club and publishes the Club paper{still a school paper though})who knew his actions would inflame(he refused to submit it prior to it being published in the newsletter)Yet he is more than willing to paint himself the victim .If it was just this one incident then peoples reactions to it are extreme ,but Tim seems to try an cause reaction and not accept responsibility for his actions.And as for his right to freedom of speech ,he's in Highschool it doesn't apply ,anymore than the "right to bear arms " means he could walk into the school carrying a gun even if he has a legal right to carry it on the street.

I also like the inclusion of "seeks to promote "the pillars of the Bible, patriotism and conservative beliefs" and "With about 50 members, the club has hosted speakers from the Eagle Forum and National Rifle Association. " .This not what he is being confronted by his fellow students for yet they try and make it part of the issue.

Fact is he is a egocentric 17yr old (aren't they all)

freako104

that first part does show that at least one teacher tried to do the right thing and it would have been his fault not to take the advice but noone should have called him a nazi on school grounds as he had already said some inflamitory things which no doubt would have cause such a reaction(which he wanted). Off school grounds would be different. the Hispanic students that surrounded him were even if they didnt say anything threatning him. if you are surrounded by a group like that wouldnt you feel they are threatning you? not saying I agree with him but he did write the paper and he should have his say and his opinion.

A.B.Normal

freako104 said:
if you are surrounded by a group like that wouldnt you feel they are threatning you?

Thats the thing ,I've tried to put myself in his position ,remembering back to HS.I went to a smaller school than he does and wasn't an overly popular student ,but still always had friends around (before & after school ,between classes and at lunch).He has a group of 50 like minded students he could be hanging out with,yet Tim seems to find himself wandering the halls and eating lunch by himself ,even though he knows people are against him.This doesn't sound like someone who is afraid ,more like someone who is trying to "force" an issue or allow trouble and still be the victim.

Inkara1

Maybe they're friends like the ones I had in high school. Let's just say I only keep in contact with one of them now.

freako104

A.B.Normal said:
Thats the thing ,I've tried to put myself in his position ,remembering back to HS.I went to a smaller school than he does and wasn't an overly popular student ,but still always had friends around (before & after school ,between classes and at lunch).He has a group of 50 like minded students he could be hanging out with,yet Tim seems to find himself wandering the halls and eating lunch by himself ,even though he knows people are against him.This doesn't sound like someone who is afraid ,more like someone who is trying to "force" an issue or allow trouble and still be the victim.

I was in your position in HS as well I had my friends(some of which including teachers I still talk to). You maybe right he maybe manipulating that situation but as I have said this is something that the school should not allow him to be assaulted but the same goes to him.