Votes: 4 19.0%
  • $121+

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Just guess... judge by the length of the receipt alone. My keyboard and phone were placed in the picture for size gauges...

I will post the correct answer after the poll has closed or has had several responses. I'm betting you'll be surprised as hell. :tardbang:

Attachments

• receipt.jpg
    receipt.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 31
drevil8.jpg

ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

The length is deceiving because the total of the groceries is about 2/3 of the way down. You can see the shadow of the black bar going across where the regular receipt ends and the usual "this is how much you saved!" part begins. Do you shop at Waldbaums? They do that too.

Receipt length doesn't mean much. If there were coupons for any of the items, that would mean an extra line for the deduction, and if you had a coupon for every item, then if you had not used coupons your receipt would only be half as long, but twice as high. There might also be line voids, and depending on where you shop, an item may take 2 lines rather than 1. On top of all that, if there is a printer problem or a price check on an item, the receipt may have been fed through making a nice big empty space on it. I've been working at Walgreens too long. :eek:

i voted 121+ since thats what most people end up paying for groceries. but after seeing the reciept :eek: :bolt: i aint paying that!!!!!!!!

so have I. i worked in a walmart for a while. so ive seen it longer for 50 sometimes more sometimes amazingly enough for less. thats not to say that furys bill is that high but as i said most people end up paying that much for groceries

$30 - $60. if it were more than that, the reciept would probably be twice as big.

The receipt is very decieving. At my old store I worked at, depending on promos and such you can get a receipt that long only buying about5 or 6 items.

Well apparently, judging from the amount of responses, we do. :p

Knowing fury though, he would probably buy like 20 of the same thing. Like mac and cheese or cold cuts or something. I should change my vote. :)

$28.30. I bought 11 items.

1/4 of the receipt is showing what groceries I actually bought, 1/4 of it is showing the credit card purchase info. The rest is advertisements. :tardbang:

Advertisements have made it onto RECEIPTS now! :tardbang:

Incidentally (or maybe not), a receipt for a padded shipping envelope was no bigger than half the size of a credit card, with the only information on it being the address of the shipping outlet, and the cost of the envelope and shipping of the item. Now THAT'S a receipt. Not this massive son of a bitch trying to get me to buy $300 of groceries so they'll give me a $25 gift card to buy more groceries, which btw the order must be more expensive than the gift card's value. :tardbang: :tardbang: :tardbang:

Back