Guess who I saw today?

IDLEchild

beyonce.jpg

Beyonce Knowles

steve-martin01.jpg

Steve Martin

reno.jpg

Jean Reno

Right across the street from my college, shooting a movie. Pretty cool I guess. Beyonce is hot as hell even in real life, Steve Martin is quite pale and tall IRL and Jean Reno still has that magnetisim IRL.

Have you ever seen anyone famous besides musicians in their shows on stage?

i met glen danzig and neil sedaka...erm...not at the same time...that would be...weird...glen was an asshole and neil was okay...of course when i met him it was about 30 years past his popularity prime but he was a nice dude.
oh, and i went to (one year) of high school with dave grohl.

Glen has a rep as being an asshole. I havent met too many celebrities but the few I met were really nice

Jason Miller
Mike Miller
Dez Cadena
Jerry Only
Talena Atfield(though I am not sure it counts)

Dave Grohl grew up in Alexandria didnt he?

Jennifer Love Hewitt went in to compliment my brother for his cooking skills at the restaurant he works at. Too bad I can't stand her. He also saw Britney and a few other celebs.

That's probably the closest I'll get to seeing celebs :D

Squiggy said:
Eric Burdon is the man! :beerbang:

Fuck yeah! :beerbang: He was giving a small performance in a record store, and chatted to us, and answered some of our questions. It was fucking cool - the man may not be as young as he once was, but he still kicks ass as a blues shouter. :)

Lemme see...

REM, drinkin' in back of the show tent in 1986 or so)
Two guys from Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (OMD), same venue as above, different concert.
Jello Biafra when he stumbled off the bottom step of the tour bus
Tears for Fears, we was kinda lurkin in the parking lot out back
*cough*Corey Hart*cough*, he was going to see the Tears for Fears show
Adam Duritz (Counting Crows), at a Cake concert
The cast and crew of Lexx (Sci Fi show) at a thingie in Halifax, Nova Scotia, as well ad Brain Downey (Lexx star) in a hotel bar in Montreal
Linkin Park at a Meet and Greet

That's about all I can remember without chemical stimulation....

Squiggy said:
Eric Burdon is the man! :beerbang:

Too right! He's Geordie born and bred! :headbang:

Erm...BoP, yer didn't happen to get a glimpse of Liv Tyler while they were shootin' Rings n' Things did ya?......if so, any photo's? For sale mebbe? :)

Many years ago I met Tom Lester, the guy who played "Eb" on Green Acres. Let me tell ya somethin', folks . . . he wasn't acting. "Eb" was Tom Lester. :lloyd:

Gosh, tons of musicians . . . my best friend and his wife are close friends with Don Barnes of .38 Special, and another friend of mine is a session drummer in Atlanta. :cool:

The one I was most excited by was Isaac Asimov.
Most serendipitous was the boss. (that's Bruce Springsteen for those of you that don't "hablo" rock and roll) That was one of those "You're Bruce Springsteen." "Yeah, I know." moments. :D

i met the wallflowers... they were my favortie band in 1997.
umm i met AFI (my favorite band 2002-present) last year, because i am in their fanclub and signed up for the meet/greet.... holy christwagons, on wednesday that will have been a year since i saw and met them... hardly seems it's been that long. ( http://www.batwing.org/old/afi.html if you want pictures... or care :p)
umm.... i've mettt....
i feel like i've met other people, i just dont remember who!

celebs I've met that I can remember: Daryl Hannah, Dennis Miller and Steve Berlin (saxophonist with Los Lobos)

and I spoke with Gillian Anderson once on the phone

they were all pretty nice :shrug:

chcr said:
Most serendipitous was the boss. (that's Bruce Springsteen for those of you that don't "hablo" rock and roll) That was one of those "You're Bruce Springsteen." "Yeah, I know." moments. :D

I think my dad said he met him too. quite a brilliant man from what I heard(I only read an excerpt from a book but I liked the story).

Cam: I am so jealous! I want to meet REM

chcr said:
Most serendipitous was the Boss. (that's Bruce Springsteen for those of you that don't "hablo" rock and roll) That was one of those "You're Bruce Springsteen." "Yeah, I know." moments. :D

:p :D

Springsteen is kewl. :cool:

Back