Gutless coward...

Releases boys, ties up girls. Shoots some. Why? Revenge for a 20 year old problem?. What? Did some lil Amish girl laugh at his wee-wee? I hope the doctors can bring him back to life so we can kill him again.

I just read that article before it got posted here. This guy was a sick SOB. Why he would target a community that keeps to themselves is beyond me.

Terrible.

If you wanna off yourself, by all means have at it. But why take a bunch of kids with you? And leave all those traumatized survivors behind to deal with mental baggage uselessly caused for the rest of THEIR lives.

Hope he's roasting nicely by now.

I just read that article before it got posted here. This guy was a sick SOB. Why he would target a community that keeps to themselves is beyond me.

The Amish AKA Pennsylvania Dutch, also have a strict code of non-violence...they won't even defend themselves if attacked.

The Amish AKA Pennsylvania Dutch, also have a strict code of non-violence...they won't even defend themselves if attacked.

That's exactly what makes this situation even more sad and disgusting. It's as if he chose to target them because of their code. He knew he could get away with it.

This world is getting more and more sick by the day.

Man, what's with the school shootings so early in the schoolyear? Most of the big-time shootings used to happen towards the end of the school year. Kids are flippin their lids earlier and earlier.

edit: of course this wasn't a student, but still, there have been a few student-lead shootings this year.

Here's some more 'old print' for you...

Guess what just cropped up over this shooting? That's right! Some libs screaming for gun control. How predictable...:rolleyes:

ALright then...first they could have wired the house with electricity THEN put in a metal detector (surrounded by them...stupid buggy driving heathens).

I find it amazing that they won't wire their home & refuse to drive (or even own a car) but their buddy with the van drives them to the local Lowes so they can order the latest DeWalt 240v Saw for their modern, not quite state of the art barn.

ALright then...first they could have wired the house with electricity THEN put in a metal detector (surrounded by them...stupid buggy driving heathens).

I find it amazing that they won't wire their home & refuse to drive (or even own a car) but their buddy with the van drives them to the local Lowes so they can order the latest DeWalt 240v Saw for their modern, not quite state of the art barn.

Don't get salty with me...I didn't proscribe them from having wires in the house. :shrug:*handonhip

Lead by example.

In what's being called a stunning example of "the imitation of Christ," the Amish community devastated by the cold-blooded murder of five of its schoolgirls is raising money for the killer's family.

Amish residents of rural Lancaster County, Pa., have started a charity fund to help not only the victims' families – but also the mass-murderer's widow and children, reports the New York Times today. The killer, Charles Carl Roberts IV, 32, committed suicide at the end of Monday's attack, in which he shot 10 girls. Five of them, aged 7 to 13, died.

Dwight Lefever, a spokesman for the Roberts family, said an Amish neighbor comforted the killer's family and extended forgiveness to them after the shooting, the Associated Press reports.

WND

Now there are reports that some "Christian" groups are protesting the funerals, because the kids are being buried in white and two siblings are being buried in the same grave.

[SnP climbs onto tree stump, grabs megaphone, and begins rant]

*ahem*

As I have said on this board many times, I am a Christian. I believe in the tenets of the faith. That does not mean I support every action that is perpetrated by every person calling themselves Christian. Some of these actions are downright un-Christian and more are plain old despicable. This would fall under both.

We have a small Menonite community near our house. Near, as in within 15-20 miles I suppose. Never checked. Doesn't really matter. Menonite and Amish are not the same, but they ain't all that far removed either.

I am not Amish.

Nor am I Menonite for that matter.

I do not interpret the Bible as these people do. That is neither their fault nor mine.

There are some similarities in philosophy however between these gentle people and myself. The biggest being, for the most part we wish simply to be left alone. The rest of the world does not have to agree with our stated philosophies, but by the same token, that does not mean we need to adhere to whatever the rest of the world is doing. Sound a little like another group from the 1860's? Yeah, I thought so too. See current signature, courtesy of the esteemed Mr. Cleburne.

Point being, these people just lost their children. I wager none of them ever bothered anyone. They go about their lives adhering to what they believe in without once ever trying to convince, convert, or sway another living soul. Now the outside world has taken their children from them. And then, some "Christians" have the undying gall to actually protest their burial.

Three weeks from now, these protestors will have gone back home. They will have moved on to their next outrage, or resumed what passes for their lives, and none of this will mean a hill of beans to them. But to these Amish families, their protests will linger forever as a link to the grief they suffered when their children were senselessly slaughtered.

No Christian would ever dream of doing something like this. Or if they do, then I question their Christainity.

This may not be very Christian on my part, but it's how I feel.

Every last one of the protestors should be shackled in chains. Then the public should be allowed to slap the everloving snot out of them as often as they please. Keep them there for, say, a week. Then they can go back home. Or drop off the face of the planet. Matters not to me. The inhumanity they are displaying is beyond my ability to phrase. It truly makes me understand how so many can reject the Christian message.

Let these people alone. They have done nothing to you. They simply wish to bury their dead. And continue their lives. They don't agree with your ways either, but I don't see them protesting in your time of grief. Are we as a society so self-absorbed that we cannot tolerate anything that doesn't conform to our notions? I fear we are, or are becoming so. And that ain't good.

Peace be with them, now and tomorrow and tomorrow again.

[/rant]

Back