Haha

He better not flap hands/legs. :eek: A diver I spoke with in Noronha said shark use to attack surfers because their vision is poor, and they take them for a turtle

AlladinSane said:
He better not flap hands/legs. :eek: A diver I spoke with in Noronha said shark use to attack surfers because their vision is poor, and they take them for a turtle

theyre vision might be poor but my understanding is that they can smell blood miles away. just when you thought it was safe to surf the perfect wave......... QUE JAWS MUSIC

Sharks attack humans 99% of the time because humans startle them. Sharks actually don't have much taste for human flesh. They just do it as a self defense mechanism. I guess sharks are paranoid little weirdos with a jaw to boot.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Sharks attack humans 99% of the time because humans startle them. Sharks actually don't have much taste for human flesh. They just do it as a self defense mechanism. I guess sharks are paranoid little weirdos with a jaw to boot.
From my understanding of the books I've read... sharks are opportunist feeders and will eat anything including tin cans and the odd dachshound complete with collar and lead amongst other things. :D

One of the reasons they attack swimmers is because they mistake them for dying or injured fish, since they apparently they go to the surface and flap around...

... and yes, the majority of large sharks have to keep moving to force the water through their gills or they will suffocate, but tiger sharks at least are an exception as they bury themselves in the sand on the bottom to camoflage themselves. Technically they don't sleep.

I've always found sharks facinating creatures... :)

steweygrrrr said:
Sharks rock and yup Inky I knew but thats gotta have been photoshopped

Don't think its PS'd,seen footage on tv ,where you can see sharks in the waves ,dolphins too.The video footage actually shows surfers on boards at the same time .

There are studies that say that they do sleep, but instead of shutting off their entire brains, they only shut off one-half at a time...the rest is enough to keep them moving and avoid objects directly in front of them.

Surfer-boy hopefully let the shark have the wave and took the next one..not matter how sweet a curl it seems to have had.

Back